Texas School (worth The Money)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Seneca, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    This year ... I had the wonderful pleasure of going to an outstanding photography school here in Texas. This school taught me so much that I am a little brain drained. Today was last day...and I'm sad that it's over.

The school is a little pricey...but the knowledge you get is amazing and will pay for itself in the long run. The school has 33 classes...everything from Lighting to Photoshop to starting your photography business. The school is highly recommended....and people from 39 states and 4 countries attend. The total count was 995 people.

If you are interested, I highly advise you to sign up and go next year...you will not be disappointed. It's so cool to be around people who love photography as much as I do. It's cool to hear the stories of how long they've had this passion.

Here is the link...

www.tppa.org

2. Congratulations on that! What a great thing to do. I would love to do that as well.

3. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Thank you DMW...

4. Wow, that sounds like a really fun and educational way to spend a week! It can really pay off to simply take the time to immerse oneself totally in a learning experience for a week or so. Looking forward to seeing how you're able to put some of the things you learned to work....

5. Did you just get done with it? Week long seminars? Cause my new boss and his wife just were at a "school"/seminar down in Texas this past week! You might have even bumped into them! :smile: They really enjoy the week, he said.

6. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Hey Reptile:

Hi there. I bet this is the seminar that they came to. It was awesome, if you really love photography this is definately the time to come to a school. You learn so much for others.

7. Hi all there

it's indeed ver interesting, maybe it could be an opportunity to post here (or in a forum aside) all the useful links for who's interested in this kind of courses. For example, here in Italy, one of the most qualified and known schools, a real photographic academy (even if not so large in physical size as yours are) is this one: http://www.johnkaverdash.it and is in Milan. They prepare you from Reportage to Fashion to Advanced Fashion, Still life, Mockup, Photographic communication etc. and every course is a real equivalent of an universitary master. They often care for projects for fashion or photographic reviews. The only thing, due to the unfavorable conversion rate €/$ for you could be VERY expensive: just imagine that the basic course is now about 1300$ and the specialty are about 3000$ each one.

8. Ciao Seneca

(nice nickname, indeed).. how long did your course last, more or less?

All the best.

9. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!

Thank you Italy...

My course started at 8:00 in the morning and lasted until 5:00 in the afternoon. Last Sunday was the first day and Friday was the last. Every night we had parties with lots of fun, food, and just mixing with other photographers.

Thanks for the kind words on my name. I hope to viste Italy next summer...