Texas Stadium.......Gear Allowed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by NostalgicDad, Sep 27, 2008.

1. I haven't been to Texas Stadium for a Cowboy's game in many years. But, my brother has some sweet seats 3 rows up, right on the 50 yard line. So, I figured what the heck. It's the last year for this stadium and I didn't have much else to do anyway tomorrow.

Any of you DFW locals ever carry your DSLR and long lens to a game (not on the sidelines)? From what I understand and based on something I read, it's not allowed. I'll probably just leave it at home not wanting to chance it and end up having to leave my gear in my vehicle. I'm just curious as to how strictly they might enforce that rule?

2. dsp921

dsp921

May 16, 2006
    From the Cowboys' website. It's always best to go to the source....

[​IMG] CAMERAS: You may bring a small, still shot camera to Texas Stadium. However, video cameras and cameras with extended or zoom lenses are not allowed at Texas Stadium.

3. mattsteg

mattsteg

Aug 10, 2007
    MN
    PRIMES ONLY!

It's always somewhat amusing how terms get misused and thrown around.

4. Alright then. Back from the game. (Don't ask how it turned out) I opted to take the D80 with my 18-50 f/2.8. Not a single glance or question. The funny thing is, there was one guy near me who had a big white lens and he might have gotten off 2 shots before the staff told him to hang it up. I continued snapping away happily, while looking forward to my cropped photos! Thanks folks!

5. Are they strict on this kind of thing, becasue they dont want under-cover press photographers in, or dont want people to get intimidated by the long reach of some of the lenses nowadays?
    Either way, nice you got it in!
    Tom.