Texas Waders (Shorebirds to Texans)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Dave Rosser, Nov 11, 2005.

1. As my last post has sunk to page 4 of this forum I thought it might be time to post some more pictures from my recent holiday (vacation) in Texas. This time I thought I would put up some wader (shorebird in American:wink: ) pictures for your comment. I did find it a lot easier to photograph them in and around South Padre Island than back here in the UK. Birds in the USA just seem a lot tamer than they are back here. All these pictures were shot in the open (I was not hiding from the birds) with the 80-400VR at the 400 end on my D1H. I did not use a tripod (it had my spotting scope on it) so used a bean bag and any convenient support wherever possible.

Marbled Godwit

Willet

Western Sandpiper:confused:

Rudy Turnstone

Long Billed Curlew

2. Great shots, Dave! I don't think I've ever seen any of these types of birds. Very cool!

3. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Hi Dave

I'm getting more and more excited about shorebirds (waders) these days...and these are great shots, especially considering not being able to use your tripod.

Great work :)

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Very nice shots Dave. I'm going to start looking for these guys as well. They are a little harder to get (smaller and a little more nervous than some bigger birds), but that just makes it more challenging. :biggrin:

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Dave,
    Well done.
    Nice birds of which a few I have never seen. Some look familiar, however sure do not know thier names.
    Good job.

Spottong scope :>))) hummm

6. Hey Dave, nice shots of these shore birds. Keep it up.

7. Very nice shots, send some of those tame ones my way

8. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots Dave.

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Nicely done Dave.

10. Dave:

Nice collection of shots. Well done.

Gil

11. Thanks all of you for your replies, be warned they may encourage me to post more pics:biggrin: