Thai Beauty...Strobist style

Single SB-800 in brolly box at camera left, approx three feet from subject. Triggered via D70 in commander mode.

Oat272.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Single SB-800 in brolly box at camera left, approx three feet from subject. Triggered via D70 in commander mode.

Very nice, Ray! Using ambient for fill makes the rig for outdoor strobist work pretty simple... one flash, one stand, and a modifier. How did you approach setting the ration between fain and fill? You got it just right!

Nice shot Ray, your brollie box is working for you. Lovely model.
\

Thanks Gordon, I really like the quality of light from the brollies and often prefer them over my umbrellas. She is a beauty, eh? There's definitely not a shortage of gorgeous women over here. :biggrin: This particular young lady is my nephew's girlfriend and she is VERY shy and reserved in front of the camera, but I did manage to get a few decent shots, and I'll post a couple of more in the People forum later.

Thanks again!

Thanks Frank, I appreciate it.

When balancing flash with ambient, I use 1.5 to 2 stops under for the ambient to start and have the brolly very close to the subject for the softest light. Then I just use the Dave Black approach of "take a shot, take a look," on the LCD and adjust flash ouput/distance from there.

Latest threads

Top Bottom