Thank Goodness for whoever called 911

+1

I just don't understand what goes through some people's heads anymore.

Carole
I can't speak for the US but if you asked me that question over here my answer would be, too much living with the IT technology and parents fear of letting their children out into the environments that I grew up and played in,ie: the woodlands/and also expecting too much from them It is really so tough growing up in our modern society being young. Glad I never had to.

I can't speak for the US but if you asked me that question over here my answer would be, too much living with the IT technology and parents fear of letting their children out into the environments that I grew up and played in,ie: the woodlands/and also expecting too much from them It is really so tough growing up in our modern society being young. Glad I never had to.
I think you make a couple of good points here. With the "instant recognition" of the way information travels, I think some folks can get a thrill fomr suddenly becoming "famous" even if for the wrong reasons.

That said, growing up inthe 50's/60's/70's we were not without our share of craziness. From March 13, 1970, Owosso Mich newspaper:
Bomb threats and bombings to protest Vietnam War

I remember classes being closed a number of times in the late 60's due to bomb threats, we often joked that these happened only on test days :wink:

Much as I would like to say this is just the "younger generation", it also occured with my "younger generation", just not a threat.

If you want to see something scary, just google for school bomb threats, or even bomb threats in general. I think you would be surprised to find how many actually occur in a month these days.

To the OP, glad everything turned out well for you and yours.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom