Thank you, cafe members!!

people may look at someone's thread and/or images and then move on without commenting one way or another
When someone views a thread I started, they are under no obligation whatsoever in my mind to leave a comment or to reply using an emoji. Similarly, when I review someone's thread, I'm under no obligation to respond in any way.

with the upshot of this then leaving the person who created the thread and images to wonder if they were so bad or so boring and uninteresting that no one or very few people wanted to say anything
That's not necessarily the upshot. When it is, the person that started the thread could take the time to ask pointed questions; I've never seen a thread that had questions and no responses to them.

Of course no one is obligated to either look at or comment on someone's thread or images, or to hit the "like" button.... And many times people are busy with a lot of things going on in their own lives and may only be quickly skimming through threads during a free period when they're relaxing, and/or may be interrupted along the way.

As for the person who started the thread "taking the time to ask pointed questions," that is a good point, but sometimes perhaps that simply doesn't occur to the OP, or they don't know the right questions to ask, but nonetheless would appreciate feedback or specific pointers nonetheless..... ?

Just tossing all of this out here, and of course everyone is going to interpret situations differently.

However, I can't believe Facebook became so successful with such a horrible user interface.
When I got on FB about 8yrs ago it was rather easy to get around. But since their "developers" need to show that they are still needed, they keep "updating it" for "enhancements" which do nothing other than make it HARDER. Only got on it since out motorcycle forum staff members wanted a place to keep in touch since the new owner (big corp from Canada that bought a bunch of powersports/motorsports/outdoors forums) of the forum ran everyone off trying to "enhance" the place. Have a couple friends (I only add people I actually now, not just any Tom **** and Harry who play the same FB games as myself) who have different ideologies and are rather vocal about it, so I just unfollow them until elections are over.

Only on one photography group on FB and that one used to be on Meetup.com until I think they got tired of paying for a meetup page. Meetup DOES suck bad.

I'll just add my vote to this thread that Terri started, and about which so many others have agreed; the Café is, and has been (thanks to the moderators on occasion), a wonderful, friendly, informative and often hilarious oasis. *So* glad that it continues . . . it is one of my respites in these difficult and stressful times.

This place means a lot to me as well.
Totally agree that this is a good place thanks to the members and the team behind it.

"I accept you for who you are and you accept me for who I am"
One more addition and I think this forms the basis for any civilised interaction: my freedom ends where your freedom starts.
This addition will make things really work: how can I help?

If everyone would be able to apply this, the world would be a better place.
This community comes really close. Close enough for me :)
I'll add my thanks to all.

And for newer members, don't worry, step right in.
I remember when I was new here, seems like only yesterday. I felt right at home due to the friendly people here.

The Nikon Cafe is a safe place. No politics.....no fighting. I'm about ready to quit Facebook. It's all so exhausting. I have been coming here more and more because the cafe is just a fun place with nice people. I know that many of you have different ideologies than I do, but you accept me for who I am and I accept you for who you are. We talk about common ground that we are interested in. The world needs more places like the Nikon Cafe!

kilofoxtrott

European Ambassador
Real Name
Klaus
This place means a lot to me as well.
Totally agree that this is a good place thanks to the members and the team behind it.

"I accept you for who you are and you accept me for who I am"
One more addition and I think this forms the basis for any civilised interaction: my freedom ends where your freedom starts.
This addition will make things really work: how can I help?

If everyone would be able to apply this, the world would be a better place.
This community comes really close. Close enough for me :)
I'll add my thanks to all.

And for newer members, don't worry, step right in.
I remember when I was new here, seems like only yesterday. I felt right at home due to the friendly people here.
Thank you Bart for the "team".
It means a lot to me to get such a nice feedback.
I'm a member here for about 8.5 years and I've never regretted it.

Thank you all for the good company and the fun I have.

Kind regards
Klaus

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom