Thank You My Friends...

Discussion in 'People' started by Graeme, May 30, 2007.

1. Well, this is my 4000th post........... so what, some of you may say! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Never in a million years did I think I'd still be here, commenting, and posting photographs........ we all know how it is......... boredom, and apathy soon sets in, and we move on. :frown:

So why am I still here? It's easy..... we all share the same things....... passion, vision, talent and various degrees of knowledge.

Something that I, personally, have been fortunate enough to learn from!

For my friends I have made here on The Cafe, well, they know how I feel about our place.......... Stu, Vieri, Woody, Ray, John, Gordon, Chris, Fred... to name but a few........

So what photograph should I post that sums up my time here?????????

Easy for me really....... this is the very first photograph I took of my 9yr old son Ben with my then, newly acquired, secondhand D2h.....

Not my best of him, but one that has huge personal meaning... and one that a select few here.......... may remember!

To everyone here......... this is a special place... and somewhere we should all treasure...............

I thank you all........... for your continual inspiration and parting of knowledge

G

[​IMG]

2. And I would like to say Thank You Greame for being such a great guy.
    I value your contributions in the Cafe and appreciate your outstanding photography.

3. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Graeme,

Thank you for making the Cafe a better place. When you post images, I ALWAYS examine every one. Congratulations on your 4000th post. I look forward to reading your next one, and every post after that!

Cheers!

4. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Wow and I thought I had a lot of post here. I'm only 10% of what you have. I like the picture very much..it has a dark side and a light side to it. Your son is so serious.

P.S. Thank you for my 400th post.

5. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Graeme,
    I clearly remember this photo and I still think it is a stunner!

Your friendship is something I value highly and your posts are always inspirational in many ways.....some not even photo related.

Congrats on 4k!! I'm catching up to you quickly!!:biggrin:

6. Donzo98

Donzo98

Nov 10, 2005
    Merrick, NY
    Hey... What about me?? :biggrin::biggrin: I thought we were friends too Buddy :eek::eek:. Just joking... glad you are around and I certainly look forward to your posts.

Don

7. Another excellent picture of one of your boys. Not sure I was around when it was taken, but I have seen countless priceless ones of your kids since. I know each of us has those favorite posters that we make a point of reading and looking at every post by and you happen to be one of mine. I have been a member of a few other forums, mostly prep basketball-related, but never have I had a desire to meet so many strangers that I know only through their posts. This is definitely a very unique and special place. Okay, I will stop my corny ramblings for now... :redface::tongue::rolleyes:

By the way, it looks cool to have an even 4,000 under your name. So, no more posting for you! :biggrin:

8. I look foward to your next 4000 Graeme..

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Congrats on your 4000th post. I don't think I could add anything to your brilliant description of the Café. This is a wonderful place, and people like you make it that way. I don't think you could have chosen a better image to celebrate then this powerful one of your son . Your work is very unique and inspiring. I am glad you are part of the Café!

10. Well, much of this is YOUR fault. Geeze, what a nice guy.

11. Graeme, first of all thank you so much for honoring me in considering me one of your friends :redface: it's always a great pleasure to see your work here, and your contribution to the work of others and sharing of knowledge, together with the commitment by others to the same goal, is what makes the Cafe' such a great place to be :smile: my only problem here is, infact, not having enough time as I wish to dedicate to the community - I can only hope that my little contribution is still better than nothing :wink: and to have more time to share whatever I can here... :biggrin: so, my friend, congratulations for your 4000 and... I raise a glass to your next 4000 posts!! :biggrin:

12. Thanks for being you Graeme, your posts have been wonderful over the time you have been here. I have been able to see almost every one of your posts as I hang out in the Portrait forum as you know. I do remember this image and it embodies much of what you do right as a photographer. Thanks for sharing your fine looking son with us again and congratulations on 4000 posts.

13. Graeme, right back at you! You are part of what makes this place so special...I've said this a million times to you...but your photography as inspired me to do better as well...

Still thinking about some of your photos that are my favorites...that picture in the fields with the big rolls of hay...I still consider that to be what defines your photography to me...I know you like the edgy B+W stuff, but that shot was so special...

Cheers, my friend.

14. Excellent! Congrats on your 4,000th!

15. id rather say thank you graeme for ur posts, always welcome;)
    this was a neat pic, i lov the pose,the light and the smooth face. gj as always;)

16. topher04r1

topher04r1 Guest

G, .... your one of the best shooters here man ... and im increadably greatfull to be able to call you my friend.... thank you for all your kind words and encouragement this past year and a half.... I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work

17. Thanks everyone for your kind words........... they mean a lot to me and you all, are the reason I'm still here. :redface::redface::redface:

This is a great place guys...........and the more so for the people who frequent The Cafe.............. so all I ask is.................. keep posting those photographs..............!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Once again......... thank you all........... :cool::cool::cool:

There goes 4001.............!

G

18. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    4000 posts and you're still a young man. :wink:

You are one of the reasons this site is a huge success. Although I am a complete ignorant when it comes to people shots I always admire your work and your enthusiasm. Keep it coming.

19. Graeme, thank you for this post. And YOU are one of the reasons why I habituate the Café! Your posts are interesting and I do like your out of the box approach to many of your images. Have a glass on me - cheers mate!

20. Congratulations Graeme! Well, we have the folks who stay a while and then move on; and then there are those who develop strong bonds to special folks at the cafe. I find myself coming back to the computer every few hours (I'm retired :wink:) to reconnect with folks here. Your'e a long term regular whose contributation are greatly appreciated and you are very highly regarded. Thanks for your participation.

Many many more happy posts.

Rich