1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Thanks BostonRott!!

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by kellog, Jul 11, 2008.

1. kellog

kellog

Jun 22, 2006
    Massachusetts
    I went over to my mothers house yesterday and decided to take the kids letterboxing. I went online to the letterboxing site and low and behold, all of the letterboxes in her town were hidden by our own BostonRott!
    Thanks Gretchen so much for hiding them for us to find. The kids absolutely love finding them and I like getting them out and about!! We were unable to find the chickadee and the one behind the soccer field. (We found the opening in the trees, but couldn't find the box). I would also like one more clue for the 1984 border crossing. Is it watershed related?
    A great day was had by all!!

More information can be found at http://www.letterboxing.org

Kelly

Captain Metcalf's box
    2658020699_e6001f0a47_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Putting ink on the stamp
    2658013247_e3461e0549_o.jpg

Stamping the notepad
    2658846072_6bc1324aa8_o.jpg

Visiting with Capt. Metcalf's neighbors
    2658845356_7e700f0696_o.jpg

On to the Brothers of the Brush
    2658844448_264431e39e_o.jpg

On the way to the Turkey...there's always time to stop and pick flowers.
    2658015221_671cca8219_o.jpg

Or catch dragonflies and let them fly away again (see upper right of frame).
    2658843448_dbebfbcfb3_o.jpg

2. chandler

chandler

Oct 21, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    great lights and beautiful captures

3. kellog

kellog

Jun 22, 2006
    Massachusetts
    Thanks Chandler!

4. Wow Kelly, I've not yet met another 'boxing photographer, that's SO cool!! We'll have to try to plan an outing together. :biggrin:

I will have to check on Shrubbery, I do hope it's not gone, it was one of my favorites (b/c of the story that accompanies the box). It had been moved once by someone (hidden deeper), but I always worried that the locals would find/destroy it. :frown:

Chicadee, someone else recently had a hard time with, but then a find was reported the next day. I may need to go check that one too, to be sure it didn't migrate.

As to the border crossing.........look at the Letterboxer's boxes in Medfield. Once you figure one of them out, the others will start coming together. My box was placed as a tribute to them (and a way to anonymously pass along some Shaw's Turkey points last Fall). :biggrin: Yes, it involves a watershed area. :smile:

I do have some intended for Holliston, but with the new baby, haven't carved or planted yet. :redface:

Capt Metcalf was replanted a few months ago, as his original hiding place was stump-ground. A local 'boxer found it and let me know what happened. I was greatful for their good will and help. :smile:

5. These pictures are terrific! It looks like it was sunny (which I sometimes have trouble shooting in), but your exposures all look great. The one of the girl picking flowers is my favorite - very cute! I might have preferred see the front of her, but I still really like it how it is.

Kristin

6. what awesome picture
    just fantastic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.