Thanks for help on portrait - here is the result

Discussion in 'People' started by Chad Gladstone, May 10, 2005.

1. I went for an artistic finish by airbrushing followed by a b&w handpainted action and faded the opacity to recover the color slightly to give it some depth. What do you think? The processed original follows.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. I think it's quite creative and I like it better than the original.

3. Very good Chad!! I agree with Gordon.....very creative!! :D :D :D

4. Interesting effect but it seems a bit soft. I prefer the original, nice colors.

5. It appears soft because it is a hand painted effect. For what its worth, it appears dreamy, but still sharp in print - I just was much less agressive in sharpening the resized version. I appreciate the feedback.

6. jkamphof

jkamphof Guest

I like it, but I really like the colour. I know in the original thread people disliked the background(distracting), but I still prefer it, good colours, cute subject...nothing wrong!

Good work

Joel.

7. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Good job Chad

I think you did a fine job on this final edit. She should be tickled with the results. You did mention that you didn't sharpen very agressively on this web-sized version. Remember to always keep those eyes sharp, even when the rest of the pic is "dreamy".

8. kengo

kengo Guest

I like the edited version, it muted the very bright background.

9. Just to report back, the client was amazed at the final print, and loved the effect. Thanks for the comments - that goes for everyone.