Thanks. From Bob the Spiderman

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Bob the Spiderman, Dec 21, 2005.

1. This is just a message of heartfelt thanks for all the messages and words of support that you have sent to Pam and I during my latest illness and 4 day hospital visit.
    I woke up this morning, and unless I am very much mistaken the infection has GONE. It was a bit of a blighter and rather unusual from my point of view. The paramedic who came to Pam's emergency called threw me slightly when he said that it was my right lung that was the problem. DUH! This is never the case, but he was proved absolutely spot on in his diagnosis. It is obvious, and I will not go into details, that this infection had been festering for a very very long time. Then whoops up it comes and bites me in the a**. Well not literally you understand. The fact that it is now clear should mean that life can now return to some type of normality and give Pam a break from all the nursing and the jobs that I do in and around the home that have fallen on her shoulders for the past 3 weeks. All this and Christmas as well is just too much.

Well that is it for now. Again my very very sincere thanks for all your support to us both and on behalf of Pam and myself I would like to wish EACH and EVERYONE OF YOU a Happy Christmas and a Good New Year.

Oh yes. Father Christmas has brought me a D2X-D200-70-200mm VR - 200-400mm VR and a 500mm f/2.8. At least I seem to remember something like that, but then again I could have been hallucinating with a fever!!

Bob F.

2. Glad you're getting back on your feet again. Just in time for Christmas too!

3. lowlight_junkie

lowlight_junkie

Nov 28, 2005
    HI Bob, sounds, like you and your poor wife have had a hard time of things.
    Good to hear things have improved in time for you to have a good Christmas.

4. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    WHEW! Great news Bob - and I really do know about mysteriously appearing and disappearing infections. Glad you have beaten this, and remember - 'that which doesn't kill us, makes us stronger!'

Good luck my friend.

6. delighted to hear this Bob. Pam was very good about getting information to us and seemed to maintain some sense of humor about her. Good to "hear" yuor voice again!
    Dave

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Bob,
    So glad to hear you woke up and felt better. That is wonderful..

Pam,
    Bless you :>))
    Thank you for keeping us up-to date on the BIG Spider :>)

Merry Christmas and a Healthy and Happy New Year

8. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Hey Bob, Glad to hear from you again, and glad that you are doing much better. You are so lucky to have such a special partner in Pam. I wish you both a very merry Christmas and a happy, prosperous new year. :wink:

9. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Bob
    Its Great to heatr that you're better. I hope things will continue to improve. Hopefully ya'll can now have an enjoyable and relaxing Christmas.

10. Now there's a reason to get back on your feet if there ever was one :wink: But not quite the motivation of being loved by so many. :smile:

Woody

11. Bob, glad to hear that you're getting better. Merry Christmas to you and Pam.

12. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Welcome back, Bob. It is so good to know that you are feeling better these days. It seems that you and Pam will have much to be thankful for this holiday season. Happy Holidays!