1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Thanks to all the folks at Nikon Cafe

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Peter G, Apr 25, 2007.

1. As some know, I'm at the tail end of selling my entire Nikon kit and following a different path for what appears better tailored for what I shoot. I'm not about brand-bashing as both have their merits and it's about what works for the individual. It's too often we beat our chests proclaiming my brand is better, instead of sharing our craft, ideas, mistakes and learning from each other.

That aside, I've gotten to meet some real cool folks here in the process of selling my gear and feel that I can call them friends. Guys like Don (Donzo98), Brian (bwilder10h), Jonathan (macroach) and Stuart (Ottrot's Human). It was my pleasure dealing with every one of you. As GBRandy said in a thread, "It is nice to have a place like this where sales can happen in a trusted environment." It can't get any simpler than that.

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank Patrick and Frank for creating such a place where you can safely sell your gear to people you trust, exchange ideas on photography and more importantly, a fun place to hang out. Thank you also to all the mods for all they do here in keeping this a happy place as well. As promised in my sales thread, I took a portion of the proceeds ($300) and donated them directly to NC to contribute in the continuing efforts in making this the best forum on the net.

I may be shooting with a different name on my gear, but this place will remain my home for photography and the friendships. Oooops, sorry for getting sappy :smile:

2. Peter, we don't care if you shoot with a pinhole camera, we just like having you around here. You're friendly, caring, and that was a very generous gesture re: your donation to the cafe. We look forward to seeing more of your great work, and we don't mind if you get sappy - we all do, from time to time. One big mush-fest! :smile:

3. You are a gentleman Sir!

4. Thank you very much, Peter. We are very glad and honored to have you as part of the Cafe.

Keep us informed about your progress in the new path.

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Incredible....thank you Peter.

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Nicely said Peter.

7. You're always welcome to stop by. Good luck in whatever endeavor you pursue. If it's with another line so be it; we'd still love to see what you're doing.

Rich

8. Peter,

What a wonderful tribute and a gracious deed. You exemplify what the Cafe is all about. :smile:

9. When I first started reading your post, Peter, I thought, "oh, no, he's not going to up and leave us?!!!" I am glad to see that you are planning to stick around! It doesn't matter what gear you're using -- that's a personal (and sometimes business) decision that each individual must make. What's more important is what you do with your gear, sharing experiences using your gear, not to mention offering advice, tips and good solid information about photography in general. We're all here because we love photography -- we've become hooked on the whole concept of being able to record life with the click of a shutter....

Yes, I'll admit it gave me a pang or two seeing your FS posts....but the nice thing about that is that the gear you've been selling is all going to good homes where the new owners will love and cherish and use it -- and that's pretty nice. The trust implied in the transactions is pretty darned nice, too!

Thank you so much for making that generous contribution to the Cafe....all I can say is, "Wow!" and that your generosity is greatly appreciated.

Now, Mister, we'll be eager to hear about your experiences with your new gear and eager to see some photos!

10. back at ya, Dave :smile:

Thanks Phil. I intend to keep posting here.

Thanks Frank. Your shots here remain an inspiration.

Thanks Todd

Thanks Rich. The Cafe is home and I'll always hang out here :smile:

Thanks for the kind words.

11. Thanks Connie! Whatever gear I choose, the Cafe will always remain the place I post and share.

Hmmm, shots with other gear you say? Ok, I'll bite :wink:

Here's a few from recent trip to London and Paris.
    large.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 92469

5D, 35 1.4, ISO3200 handheld :wink:
    View attachment 92470

Not leaving folks, like it too much here lol.

12. Well now, looks like you've got a good grip on using your new gear! That last shot is pretty amazing -- handheld, yet! Wow!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.