Thanks to Bohdan in Canada!

Real Name
Steve
Long story short, I needed a simple part, a metal base plate for the Z7. Nikon US won't sell me that part because they say the whole camera needed to be inspected. No repair shop I called would sell me a part either. Nikon NPS wanted over $200 including shipping and insurance (plus whatever else they could find to charge me for). But then I posted on here, Bohdan offered to buy the part from Nikon Canada for me. Canada Post took forever to get it from him to me, but it showed up today almost three weeks later. $33 all in to get the part to me. I think it was $13 for the part and $20 to ship with tracking. My Z7 is like new again! The RRS Z7 bracket has a really shallow threaded socket for accessories, I put a strap lug in it and the threaded portion of that lug was longer than the plate was deep and it drove into the camera's metal baseplate. Nothing serious, just an annoyance that should have been easy to fix on my own. Thanks to Bohdan and Nikon Canada, it was.

This is another awesome aspect of belonging to a photographic community online. Bohdan, thanks for stepping up an offering, the check (or cheque to you) is on its way. If I can ever repay the favor, just ask.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom