Thanks to Jerry Snider

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by cincyMAT, May 27, 2005.

1. Jerry was nice enough to let me "test" his 200mm f/4 macro lens this week. I took a few photos at Krohn Conservatory here in Cincinnati and thought I'd share a few as a thank you to Jerry.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

These aren't to bad considering a new lens, a new monopod, and about 8 billion school kids running through the butterfly exhibit!!

Thanks again Jerry. It was a pleasure to meet you.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent shots Mark. I wish I could justify a 200 Micro. With the $$ that I've spent in the last 14 months though, that would be a recipe for a serious a$$ whipping I'm afraid.... :roll:

3. Frank,

I know exactly what you mean. I'm holding off on actually buying a 200mm macro until I have time to try Jerry's suggestion of using a 5T or 6T diopter lens on my 70-200 VR. I rec'd the 6T and the step down ring today so I hope I can shoot some over the weekend. The 5T looks interesting as well since it doubles the working distance of the 6T. And for less than $50.00 these diopters may be the cheapest thing I've purchased that have Nikon printed on them. :shock:

4. Jerry Snider

Jerry Snider

May 8, 2005
    Mark,
    I especially like photo 2. Nice and sharp on the stamens/pistil of the flower. I certainly recommend the 5T diopter for the larger macro shots. All of my dragonfly/damselfly pics were taken with the 80-200 and 5T. Have used the 6T much less, perhaps because I have the 200 macro.

For the rest of you, it was really nice to meet a member of nikoncafe in person. Just glad Mark had the opportunity to try out the lens. Heck, Mark is so nice he could have used the 200 for a week or two--no problem!
    Thanks Mark for tolerating with great patience all of my questions, uncertainties, frustrations, and elations re the D2X.
    My best,
    Jerry Snider