Thanks to NC members...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jeff Mims, Dec 7, 2005.

1. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    You are what makes this forum so great! I joined some months ago, and was warmly welcomed. Before I really get going (more posts, photos posted..etc) my family was hit with tragedy in June. It was devestating, to say the least..and it's been months before I even wanted to pick up a camera.
    Anyhow, now that I'm getting back going again, I log on back here...and talk about DX2s and D200s. I haven't gotten one judgmental message, like I see on other forums.
    For example, there seems to be groups of folks who do nothing but talk about cameras, and probably very little photography. Let somebody come up and say I'm thinking of a DX2, and they are on him like sharks.
    Whereas, it seems that folks who really love photography, understand the connection between a photographer and his instrument. It seems folks who really love photography, and take pictures more than just talk about it, are just great folks, and understand other's passion for photography..which extends to equipment as well.
    It seems to me, that Nikon Cafe has the type of folks that are passionate about photography. I'd be willing to bet that most, if not all, are better photographers than me....yet I've felt right at home here.
    So, a true heartfelt thank you, for making me feel welcome...back in May and now.

2. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Jeff,

It's nice to hear from you again, but I am saddened to know that you and your family have had to deal with tough issues. I hope that the situation is bettering itself and even better days are coming soon.
    With regard to the positive attitude of this community...the bottom line is this, it doesn't really matter what you enjoy shooting and it really doesn't matter what you enjoy shooting with. What matters most to me is to be among some of the finest people on this earth who enjoy photography in it's entirity. We share ideas, we share techiques, we share knowledge, we sometimes meet other members for some shooting, we buy and sell photography equipment from one another with confidence...and we do all of these things with respect and consideration for others feelings.
    There is much here for every photographer and nothing hinges on how expensive your gear is or how proficient you are with your equipment, what is notable, though, is that the administration of Nikon Cafe had a vision and it has successfully come to fruition.

Welcome back, Jeff...you have been missed and I hope that you can visit with us more frequently in the future.

3. Welcome back Jeff. I hope things are better for you now and that you manage to look forward in life.
    I look forward to see your posts (and pictures!).

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2005
  4. rbsmith

rbsmith

Apr 13, 2005
    Saltillo, Ms
    Jeff
    From another Mississippian, Its good to have you back. I remember when you joined and had wondered what had happened to you. I'm sorry to hear of you and your families troubles. I am looking forward to your post. I am one who really has a lot to learn and these guys are great. The knowledge and abilities of the people never ceases to amaze me.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I'll echo what Frank said and add,
    We care about our members most of all.

Hope all will be fine for you and your family and you will all be able to enjoy the holidays.
    Welcome back.

6. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Jeff,

So sorry to hear about your difficulties. Here's hoping that time, work, friends, and family will ease the hurt. Here at the Cafe you can find friends any time. I'm glad that you've come back to us. Let us help if we can.

7. Jeff, so sorry about having to deal with life's vicissitudes. Hope things are on the mend. In any event we are happy you are back and look forward to your post. Yes, this is a great place and we all have a love of photography.

8. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Thanks everyone, for the kind words. Just the sort of example of what I was talking about earlier...a lot of classy folks here.
    Anyway, we are trying our best to move on..realizing, even when things are bad, they could have been worse. In fact there are people who've had it worse.
    I think getting back into photography again, with the plans I had prior, will be a great help. Doing something constructive is always good for the soul.
    Thanks again, Nikon Cafe.

-Jeff

9. Jeff...I feel the same as the rest of the gang here and hope that your holidays will be happy and fullfulling.

This is as you said in so many words, a great place to visit and to stay. There is no other forum that makes others feel good about themselves and what each enjoys about photography. I don't visit dpr much at all. In fact, hardly ever. This is where I want to be because of the wonderful people here who do not judge others.

Hope your family are picking their feet up and moving on past what has happened in June.

10. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Glad that you have reconnected Jeff, and sorry for your difficulties. Like Frank said, if there is anything we can do ...

Keep us up on what you are up to, and how well your art is healing your psyche.

11. Welcome back Jeff. For many folks Christmas is a stressing time of year. It's encouraging to see quite the opposite from you, in spite of what has happened to you. God Bless.

12. Jeff Mims

Jeff Mims

May 25, 2005
    Mississippi
    Well, I've had my eye on a couple DX2s, with matching D200s...:biggrin:

Seriously, just making me feel at home is most appreciated. I feel like I'm dining with gourmet chefs....I seem to be getting all the benefits, and not adding much to the table. I willingly admit I don't know it all. That way I'm in agreement with everyone else.:smile:
    Thanks again.

-Jeff