Thanksgiving Day Football

Discussion in 'Photojournalism, Candids and Street Photography' started by mike mac, Nov 25, 2005.

1. Well The last game of the season and for Nick my step son the last game of his H.S football career. Well he went out with a big win against his cross town rivals. The weather was cold and dark so I had to shoot ISO 400-640 on these. All shot with the D2X and the 200-400VR
    This is the starting tailback he had 225 yards and 5 touchdowns on his way to a division I school
    [​IMG]
    Nick.... Starting a left offensive tackle in his last game
    [​IMG]
    Missed interception but he had two others
    [​IMG]
    Quarterback scrambling
    [​IMG]
    Fullback leading the way
    [​IMG]
    Touchdown
    [​IMG]
    Quarterback
    [​IMG]
    Running Back
    [​IMG]

2. Excellent football shots Mike, very well done!!
    BTW, one needs to be edited ( Touchdown: [​IMG]

3. Hey Mike,

Looks like you guys lucked out and got by without the rain.

Once again all of the shots are outstanding. My GOD that lens and the D2X are as sharp as anything I've ever seen. What a combination! I'm lusting BIG TIME!

How much post processing do you do?

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic shooting Mike.

You really should give up your day job.......

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hi Mike,

Each one of these captures is outstanding, all S.I. quality and I would hope that each of those kids cherishes their image forever. I liked how you captured their emotion and cropped to enhance the moment. Great shooting, Mike...you've had some great football shots this season!

6. Ray C.

Ray C.

Nov 7, 2005
    Thailand
    My thoughts EXACTLY!! Beautiful shots man! I want the 200-400 bad, and the 400 2.8, and the D2X and the.............

7. These are great shots. You could be shooting big time sports.

8. paintman

paintman

May 18, 2005
    Sonoma Calif.
    Great shots.

9. Very nice. You make me want that lens.

I am reminded of the HS football team I played on back in the 70s not every far from where you live (Pemberton).

10. Thanks so much TY it is a great combo for daytime sports for sure and was sure glad it did not rain

11. Gale Tahnks
    The Grateful Dead have a line from one of their songs
    "Dont quit your ay job until your night job pays"

12. Bleive me I woudl love to shoot large events becuse the bigger you get the better the conditions

13. Thanks for the kind words

14. There you go well your old school beat us 17-0 thsi year and the game was played in a torrential downpour, Pemberton tradtionaly has a good team evey year

15. It was a strong team when I was there as well. Back then the military base was teeming with families so there was a ready supply of players.

16. Excellent series of shots Mike. I like your timing on these shots and they are certainly nice and crisp with good color saturation. Way to go.