Thanksgiving Day Football

Thanksgiving day most likely marked the end of my youngest sons football career :frown: as I do not think he is really into playing in college although there are teams interested in him. Anyway, I spent most of the day focused on him. He is a lineman and is most often found in the middle of a pile of players so I do not have a lot of good (face) shots of him (I can just never seem to get him to look at me while he is on the field, go figure). I did get a little lucky in that they had him carry the ball a couple of times on short yardage and he made the teams first defensive stop by planting the opponents running back for a four yard loss.

Only my second game with the new d7k but I am learning, I think. Used 9 pt dynamic focus which seems to work pretty well. Thanks for looking, critiques are always welcome.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

4. First run of the season, 8 yard gain on third & 2

Looks good to me. Maybe a little tighter on a couple to help out with the backgrounds but beside that, the action is good and the exposure is good. Drop that 70-200 down to 2.8 and that will help with the backgrounds a little.

Nice work.
Dennis

I loved those blue unis when I shot the game w/ you...looks like you're settling into your D7000 nicely.

The white unis look a little blown in the first few, maybe dial in some -EV comp (-0.3) to try and hold them.

Kudos to your son on his RB stint!

Looks good to me. Maybe a little tighter on a couple to help out with the backgrounds but beside that, the action is good and the exposure is good. Drop that 70-200 down to 2.8 and that will help with the backgrounds a little.

Nice work.
Dennis
Agreed Dennis, I usually do shoot at 2.8 I guess that I was a little too distracted with trying to get the camera right that I just never really looked at the aperture. Didn't check the highlights either as Chris pointed out.

I loved those blue unis when I shot the game w/ you...looks like you're settling into your D7000 nicely.

The white unis look a little blown in the first few, maybe dial in some -EV comp (-0.3) to try and hold them.

Kudos to your son on his RB stint!
Thanks Chris. I did not check a few things I usually do like aperture and highlights. Since it was rather overcast I was not overly concerned and since my glasses tint I am sometimes not aware of how bright it is out when it is overcast. My D70 was always dialed in at -0.3 as a norm, probably going to have to do that with the d7k as well.

My son loved that RB thing. They lined him up about 10 yards back so he could get up a good head of steam. He also has a much better appreciation for how hard it is to run the ball with people like him blasting away at ones knees.:biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom