Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by marc, Nov 22, 2005.

1. marc

marc Guest

Happy Thanksgiving

we have so much to be thankful for.

and a birthday too.

what are you doing for Thanksgiving?

my family and I are spending the weekend in a quiet place called NEW YORK CITY.

have a wonderful to all

marc:wink: :smile: :cool: :Angel:

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    I agree...we do have so much to be grateful for. Family, friends, the Nikon Cafe...

We're having Thanksgiving on Thursday with Patrick's folks. Friday I shop! Saturday we have Thanksgiving with my family. Sunday I rest(I'll spend all day Wednesday as well as Friday evening and Saturday morning cooking....I think I'll deserve a little rest)!!! Then when Monday rolls around, I'll really get going on Christmas....So many gift baskets to make! So many gifts to buy and wrap. Decorations to be set about. Cookies to bake. Candy to make...shall I go on?

Seriously though. I'm grateful to all of you here at the Cafe for being such wonderful people. Isn't that what it's all about?

3. Thanks, we too have family descending upon us for Thanksgiving. It will be a fun few days.

4. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Happy Thanksgiving to all on this forum.

Family coming over plus family already there plus assorted waifs and strays. My kids tend to find others who do not have anything available for one reason or many, so we always have a couple of extras at the table.

5. GaryW

GaryW Guest

Just me and the wife. We have no family. BUT, we have each other. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, peas, pumpkin pie, and some friends that we have adopted as family will be here.

It doesn't get any better than that. God bless the USA.

6. F15Todd

F15Todd

Feb 1, 2005
    Tennessee
    Monica, Bailey and I are flying to Fort Wayne, Indiana on Thanksgiving day for of all things, a wedding that weekend. Looks like turkey on a plane for us.

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I finish my tour at 8 am on Thursday morning...planning on meeting my wife and daughters who are participating in a 3K walk in memory of a high school dean/football coach who passed from cancer at an early age. I hope to get there in time to shoot some images of the 2,000 or so that are registered in the 3K walk/5K run in his honor. Then we head home to put the turkey in the oven, prepare the sides, watch some football and process some basketball images to sell on the website.

Whether you stuff your bird or not!!!...take whatever steps are necessary to spend Thanksgiving Day with those that you hold closest to your heart. As we approach the holiday season...I tip my glass of eggnog to all of you, my friends, and wish you all that best that life has to offer.

8. Some of my favorite Thanksgivings were in odd places.

One year I dragged my wife on a hunting trip to Wyoming. We ate in a nice restaurant along the way. It was memorable, though she didn't seem to care for walking 25 miles in the cold that weekend. :wink:

Best one ever was as a child, in the mess hall of a military hospital. My pop was in the Army and worked at that hospital. Not sure why I remember it so well. It was a great time.

This year it will be my wife and two boys at home. I'd say this year we will be thankful to have such wonderful children and each other.

These days the holidays are pretty stressful for me because of MacWorld. I'd be thankful if we moved the darned thing to later in the year. :wink:

PS, I was born on Thanksgiving day, 1958, so it's my favorite holiday.

9. We will have a little family with us. All could not make it, but still
    will eat lots a stuff and watch the Broncos play the Cowboys.

Hope everyone will have a very blessed Thanksgiving.

10. Happy Turkey Day to all, lets see I am already hard at work preparing Thanksgiving meal for a group of 18 at our place. Friday will do some things with the family. Saturday chores around the house Sunday going to shoot Eagles

11. Thanksgiving is at my house, bring the Turkey!!

This will be our first Thanksgiving without my mother. We miss her terribly, but we are all so greatful for the time we had together.

Last year, I offered to host dinner with only one rule... "Thanksgiving dinner is at my house, bring the Turkey!". :biggrin: It went over really well with my siblings. :biggrin: This year, I was told, "Thanksgiving dinner is at our house, bring the macaroni and cheese, sour kraut, corn pudding, black bottoms (chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese filling), pumpkin pie, etc..." Gosh, I love the holidays!

May you all enjoy peace, fellowship and a safe journey...

Happy Thanksgiving to All...

12. marc

marc Guest

well once again

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

today is my birthday, so that makes it even happier

everyone have a wonderful turkey day

marc

13. Happy Thanksgiving.

And Happy Birthday, Marc.

14. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

I want to say that I am thankful for light, after all that is what brings us together here.
    I am looking forward to watching the Detroit Lions lose again today on TV (I have stopped eating the Detroit Lions Cornbread, which is a term that the local sports radio station refers to us fans that just believe that our beloved Lions are just about to become super bowl champs... Only once in my lifetime have they been champs, the year I was born!)
    I am looking forward for the first time in several years of not having to get up and go out and work to help sell cameras in any of my stores... I still might work to do some regular store visits, but over in Kalamazoo area instead... by the time I drive over there, the crazy rush will be over with.
    Or I just might sleep in, relax and then make a road trip to photograph a Hockey game...
    Not sure yet, just depends on how I feel.
    I also am thankful for all the folks here on the Nikon Cafe that have pushed me to become a better photographer. I just wish someone would help pay for the lens and camera lust I suffer from.. :biggrin:

15. Happy Thanksgiving to all of you!

Our daughter and her husband are coming up for the day. I love this time of the year... :smile:

Friday, I'll go eagle hunting in the morning and then we do a charity Christmas Tree event in the afternoon.

Saturday, more eagle hunting (with the camera of course...).

Sunday, get ready to go back to work...

I hope all of you enjoy this wonderful time of the year!

16. And Happy Birthday Marc!

17. HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE

It will be my Wife, Mom and Son this year around the table. It's my Daughter and Son-in-Laws year to be with his family. My brother and his family are braving the blizzards at our cabin in the Upper Penninsula.

I am very thankful for my family and to all the folks at the Cafe'(my other family). I plan on the traditional Thanksgiving day of, eating too much, watching the Lions loose again, falling asleep during the game, eat a little more and taking a nap. God bless all of you and of course our Troops that are in harms way.

18. Happy thanksgiving to all. Fall, including Thanksgving day and Christmas, is my favorite time of year. Both my parents' families were large so there were cousins I hadn't seen for months, great food, looong tables piled with great food (Turkey, mashed potatoes, kilebase, pierogi and ham) and the loving companionship that that offers.

Now with fifteen of us we're sort of middle sized, but we have a childless couple our age we've adoped for thanksgiving so there'll be seventeen fir dinner.

I've said a number of times here that the only true things that are worthwhile in life are family and friends. You can lose health, wealth, fame, power and beauty but the only things that endure are our family and true friends. They love you for what you are not for what you can do for them.

May all of you have a blessed and hearty day today and throughout this season. Perhaps at this time you might also want to donate something for those who are less fortunate.

Rich