that longing look

Discussion in 'Birds' started by bfjr, Aug 24, 2005.

1. bfjr

bfjr Guest

I watched this guy for a good 40 min. hoping he'd catch a fish, but he didn't move a muscle just stared like that for what I don't know??

[​IMG]

Now mind you there were fish everywhere, jumping, swiming etc.
    This fella even caught his dinner right under the egrets beak :smile:

[​IMG]

Go figure :rolleyes: Poor fella I thought maybe he was constipated :biggrin: :tongue:
    Cause sometimes I look like that if ya know what I mean
    :redface: :confused: :rolleyes:

2. JAM

JAM

Apr 30, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Definitely looks depressed. Maybe needs some Prozac

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice shots Ben. The LGH that I shot last weekend did the same thing. He sat motionless for at least 20 minutes (he was still sitting there when I left, so it may have been much longer :rolleyes:).

the are very patient hunters. :smile:

4. Some people can fish and some can't. Perhaps he is in the latter category; however, he looks well fed and your image of him is excellent.

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Nice shots, Ben! The herons and egrets are all very patient fisherman and, when they aren't hungry/fishing, can stand still like that for very long periods. I've seen various types (GBH, LGH, Great Egret) stand in the same spot on the pond behind my home for hours at a time. Only reason they move is when the crazy photographer comes out with the big lens and scares them away!

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Ya think Depressed ??
    :confused: Nah he was just waitin for a special fishy :smile:

7. bfjr

bfjr Guest

You know Frank I went back to same place today, and lo and behold he was still there :biggrin: I think that may be taking patience a bit far :biggrin:

8. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Hey Gordon
    You might have something there, or maybe he just had a paticular taste for a certain kind of fish :smile:

9. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Well I'm Crazy :wink: and carry a big lens, so what his problem? :biggrin: :redface:

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I think these are great images.

I love the second bird with the crab. Now thats brave. Guess they handle it ok.

11. Ben, he looks like he's just contemplating life. :smile: I too like the 2nd one with the crab. Nice seashore image!

12. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Morning Gale
    Actually the crab put up heck of a fight
    :eek:
    I have a series of this event I may post later
    Thanks for stopping by

13. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Evening Dennis
    and thank you for your time and comment