1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

That's it I am seriously thinking about a second camera body

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Candidcameraman, May 18, 2007.

1. And I am considering Canon... Of course I would keep the D2Hs, that goes without saying.

Straight out of the camera Jpeg... at ISO 1600 from a 30D.

Canon30D.

100% crop... Click on the image to see the full size image

View attachment 96296

I am in no rush but... Food for thought. This picture was taken with her camera.

2. I think you just want to impress the young lady. :biggrin:

3. emidyl

emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    GTA
    That's why it took me so long to get my D200.
    Now I plan on keeping one lense for my 20D but mainly shoot with my Nikon, that is if I plan on keeping it. Already the feel is much better in my hands, controls where it should be, something the 20D/30D never quite achieved.

4. Nope, she has a boyfriend and I have a girlfriend which I adore :smile:

I took some pictures at the office using her camera and my CF card and just looked at them today, I was impressed by the JPEG file... WOW! Just very impressive high ISO picture I'll wait a couple of months before getting anything else but I am considering having two systems, Nikon and Canon with a few lenses for each.

5. jcovert

jcovert Guest

I don't get it. There's nothing in this pic that I would want. I can't tell it's iso 1600 true, but it's not that sharp and the skin is lacking detail and looks plasticky. Canon images often look paper-thin to my eyes.

6. ckdamascus

ckdamascus

May 14, 2005
    New Jersey
    I don't have time to test it right now, but I think shooting in higher iso in good lightning results in much nicer pictures than shooting in higher iso in dark/poor lightning. This should apply to any camera, Nikon or Canon.

7. For high ISO perfromance consider a Fuji S5 Pro and use your Nikon glass and flashes.

8. Right on the money, on second thought I'll be sticking with Nikon, too much money into two system. I am not a pro yet.

Yes it does apply to both, the darker it is the noisier the images are.

Did and still considering it but I may go the D200 way - I don't know yet.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.