That's it I am seriously thinking about a second camera body

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Candidcameraman, May 18, 2007.

1. And I am considering Canon... Of course I would keep the D2Hs, that goes without saying.

Straight out of the camera Jpeg... at ISO 1600 from a 30D.

100% crop... Click on the image to see the full size image

View attachment 96296

I am in no rush but... Food for thought. This picture was taken with her camera.
  2. I think you just want to impress the young lady. :biggrin:
  3. emidyl

Jan 28, 2007
    That's why it took me so long to get my D200.
    Now I plan on keeping one lense for my 20D but mainly shoot with my Nikon, that is if I plan on keeping it. Already the feel is much better in my hands, controls where it should be, something the 20D/30D never quite achieved.
  4. Nope, she has a boyfriend and I have a girlfriend which I adore :smile:

I took some pictures at the office using her camera and my CF card and just looked at them today, I was impressed by the JPEG file... WOW! Just very impressive high ISO picture I'll wait a couple of months before getting anything else but I am considering having two systems, Nikon and Canon with a few lenses for each.
  5. jcovert

jcovert Guest

I don't get it. There's nothing in this pic that I would want. I can't tell it's iso 1600 true, but it's not that sharp and the skin is lacking detail and looks plasticky. Canon images often look paper-thin to my eyes.
  6. ckdamascus

May 14, 2005
    New Jersey
    I don't have time to test it right now, but I think shooting in higher iso in good lightning results in much nicer pictures than shooting in higher iso in dark/poor lightning. This should apply to any camera, Nikon or Canon.
  7. For high ISO perfromance consider a Fuji S5 Pro and use your Nikon glass and flashes.
  8. Right on the money, on second thought I'll be sticking with Nikon, too much money into two system. I am not a pro yet.

Yes it does apply to both, the darker it is the noisier the images are.

Did and still considering it but I may go the D200 way - I don't know yet.