That's what you need, she said..

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jarrell, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I was thumbing through an issue of Popular Photography magazine that a friend had brought me and I ran across an article on the Hassleblad IXPress V96C digital back for Hassleblad cameras. For the low, low price of only $9,795 you too can convert your film Hassy to digital. According to Hassleblad, the back can shoot and continually store one 'frame' every 1.8 seconds in the supplied Image Bank until the Bank reaches full capacity at 1,150 images, or about 40GB. The Raw images contain 16 bits per color for a total 48 bit color image. It has a dynamic range of 11 fstops. Interesting, I thought.
    About an hour later when my wife came in I told her about the back, since I own a Hassleblad, and I told her the price. She said WOW.. you should get one the next time you're thinking about trading up your dslr.
    I just looked at her.
    I then told her about the features I've mentioned above and she again expressed her amazement, saying that was the thing to get since the Hassleblad has pretty much been languishing in its case for the last few years. She left the room and later when I ran across the article again and walked into where she was to show it to her. At the top of the article, right above the photo of the camera and back it says,
    "Ten grand turns your old Hassleblad into a 16mp digital powerhouse"
    TEN GRAND! she says.
    Yeah, I replied... that what I told you... $9,795.
    I thought you said $900!! she said.
    Guys, do you ever get the feeling they don't really listen to us? :roll:
    Needless to say the Hassleblad will remain in its case and will also remain a film camera.
    Jarrell :cry:

2. Larry Gleason

Larry Gleason

Jan 26, 2005
    Hard to say. I was taking a hearing test some time back and the nurse informed me that husbands have selected hearing. Works for me!

3. Yeah, well, uhm, what did you say??

Something about being hassled over $900??? Seems like a lot to me. What's that got to do with photography? Oh, never mind. I'll go back to whatever it was I was doing now...

:)

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Jarrell,

It's known as "Selective Hearing"...they hear what they want to hear!!!

5. Jarrell,

It sounds like a missed opportunity!! She did say go!!!! To Bad.

Mike

6. I am still laughing, my wife always hears hundreds when I say 97hundred dollars for instance. Marriage is never dull even after 20 years. CS Dayan

7. (laughing so hard I nearly fell off my chair!)

8. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Tee hee hee...That was exactly what I thought when I read through! Hey now Jarrell, you are the one who went back and showed her how much it really cost! You are the one who kept at her after she said you should buy it...more than once!!! In the immortal words of Homer Simpson..."Doh!".

But hey, just goes to show you are an honest man and I can't fault you for that. I admire that kind of integrity. That's worth more than any amount of camera gear in my humble opinion.

9. Jarrell

Jarrell

Feb 13, 2005
    Macon, Ga.
    I guess I shoulda whipped out the plastic and ordered that jewel, huh...
    But, baby.. dear... sweetheart.. honey... you said I oughta buy it. Didn't you? No, I can't cancel it! Its a..... its a.. what did they say.. a limited offer to only a select few individuals and no refunds. Yeah, thats what they said.
    I'll be sleeping where?
    :eek:

10. I am only laughing because i did excersise the wrong side of judgement in a similar situation. Oh well...........

11. Jarrell, I got a good laugh out of your epistle above. All the way through I was thinking "what an understanding wife Jarrell has." Then I reached the punch line and broke out laughing. It would have really been funny if you had gone right out and bought one without checking back with she who must be obeyed.

12. JordanLFW

JordanLFW Guest

driving along the lonely roads of up-north michigan i saw a shack on the side of the highway that read:

"RAYS DOG HOUSE. Obey wife or live here!"

and no i didnt get the shot, it took a while before it sunk in it wasnt a tourist trap ad. But oh... the life lesson it provided was plenty worth it. :)

13. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

14. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jarrell,

That hassey is a great camera ya know.

But, but Dear look how much I would save on film.

hummm

Sounds just right for you .....

15. Here's an advertisement I have in a magazine.

SERIOUS SAVINGS FOR SERIOUS PHOTOGRAPHERS

With purchase of Valeo 22wi/h1 and 20gb portable kit at 32,500 you save 8,745 FREE Hasselblad H1 camera.

That's what I called a bargain. Lol