1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The 16-85VR does HDR, Fruit, Van, and Me.

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by itsmike, Aug 6, 2008.

1. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Well, I finally got a chance to upload some shots taken with my New 16-85VR..

1. 3 Frame HDR of the Clouds that were out today while I was flying my Plane..

3Franes.

2. Here is another angle with 9 Frames...

9Frames.

3. Here is a shot of my Van/Mobile Hanger... Gas Prices !!! FTW!!!!

DSC_1678.

4. Here is a shot my Buddy did while I was flying.. Not bad being he never used a DSLR ever in his life..

DSC_1697.

5. Here is a shot of some watermelon that I thought was insanely sharp, It was even better with a little USM applied.

DSC_1620.

2. Nice van, love dayvans!! Starcraft? Great shots, not overdoen, just perfect.

3. I like the first two, are they both HDR? The cloud formations are beautiful!!

Gene

4. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Yea, I love my van! It is loaded with all the goodies as well.. Thanks for the comments on the shots..

Yes both HDR. I almost lost my plane because of the clouds... They were that amazing that day.

Thanks..

5. Two more things Mike, is that an electric pusher you're flying? Also, is that Photomatix? thanks

Gene

6. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY

Yes and Yes,

The plane is a Highly Modified Multiplex Easystar. I fitted it with a Big outrunner BL motor 3c 2000mah Lipo and an 8X6 Prop.. it goes vertical for ever!!!!

and yes I used Photomatrix for the HDR's

7. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    #1 and #2 are awesome............great work!

8. Very nice Mike,

Looks like the 16-85mm is working out nicely. It's a very attractive lens. I assume you like it more than the 18-70mm and 18-135mm. I think I remember those are the 2 lenses you had prior to this one.

Love the HDR. I didn't get to see those clouds today. I was frantically editing so I could get an event up on Pictage for a client.

BTW, I'm going early Friday morning to the Hot Air Balloon Festival. It's early early.. the only time the balloons are visible is form 6-8am, 6-8pm and 9-10pm and I want to go during daylight. PM me if you think you want to go but I'm warning you, I want to be on the road out to Brookhaven at 6am.. :eek: 

9. itsmike

itsmike

Mar 2, 2008
    Greenlawn NY
    Sorry Rob, I am on "Extreme Baby watch".. The wife is about to Pop anyday now.. So on that note.. I must stay close to home.. Although, I do keep my camera with me 24/7 now until the baby comes.. getting use to leaving the house with it whenever I go somewhere..

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.