The 18-200 and the Rodger William's Zoo

Discussion in 'Other Animals' started by jklofft, Jun 4, 2007.

1. Took the family to the Rodger William’s Zoo in Providence this past Sunday. The light was pretty flat, but the cooler overcast weather seemed to make the animals more active. All of the shots where done with the 18-200VR (the perfect lens for a family day out)

There was a new baby giraffe born this spring. Momma was very loving and protective

This tortoise was running (yes running) around. I tried a panning shot to capture his ‘speed’

Dry and Dusty Elephants

Pink Flamingo

Camels going through their paces

Nice Kitty?

2. Jeff, nice, never saw a giraffe child. Thanks for sharing.

3. Cool shots, that snow leopard is gorgeous! Love that tail.

4. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very very nice images:>)))

5. This is actually my second. There is another zoo in the area that had one a couple of years ago. They look a bit like a horse with a slightly longer neck.

6. There were two in the pen and just before I got there, they were 'fighting' for top position. This was the victor.

7. I always enjoyed going to Roger Williams Park and Zoo, when I lived in Massachusetts. The giraffe shot reminds me of the first time that I took my kids there. My older one, who may have been 3, at the time, wanted to feed the giraffe. I got her some of the dried corn, out of the machine. That big giraffe would lean over the chain link fence, and bend his head all the way down to my daughter and stick out his tounge. At which point, she would gently place a single kernal of corn on his tounge. He would have to stand up to swallow the tiny morsel. This was repeated over and over, one kernal of corn at a time, until she ran out. Feeding the giraffe one handful of corn ended up being a rather lengthy exercise.

8. Cliff,

LOL, sounds like a net negative in terms of nutrition.

Jeff