1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The 35 f2 is still a great lens for babies

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Aug 20, 2009.

1. I have really enjoyed using my 35 f2 to photograph my grandbabies. If I am alone I can get a portrait of them and still be very close to them. It's a lens purchase I don't regret!!

My daughter had the flu today and I got to watch her two little girls.

p112794374.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Of course, if you want to get a photo of a sleeping child without waking them up, the 85 f1.4 is much better.

View attachment 400635

2. the Pond

the Pond

Jan 5, 2007
    Canada
    That first pic is tremendous. Very soulful expression in the eyes.

3. seusa

seusa

Nov 22, 2008
    Alabama
    The first shot really pulls you in with those eyes. And is there anything more precious than a sleeping child?

4. I've been going back and forth about the 35 1.8 thinking maybe it is too wide for the photos I take, but I think the first shot proves that is not the case. Wonderful shot.

5. Thanks, Omar. I think she has beautiful eyes, too!!

Thanks, Cindy. It's so much fun having a wonderful camera to capture the little things that happen on a daily basis. I'll never be a pro, but sure love using my gear for the family and friends.

Thanks, Jan. I don't really like it for closeups of adults, but it has worked well for the kids. I allows you to stay fairly close and keep them more still and in the position that you want them. It works well for group shots of adults.

6. Terri, that first shot is just wonderful. I love the way you got right down there with her.

Hope you are feeling well.

7. Well done, Terri!

I fully agree.

8. lovD300

lovD300

Feb 25, 2008
    Canada
    That first shot is very nice. I enjoy it a lot. great angle on it.

9. dtbh

dtbh

Mar 9, 2006
    Malaysia
    Wow, the first one is gorgeous!

10. Trish5

Trish5

Mar 31, 2005
    FiRst shot is picture perfect, Teri! Beautifully captured baby! Hope all is well in your corner of the world. : )

11. cr2596

cr2596

Aug 20, 2008
    Baton Rouge, LA
    The 35/2 captures children's eyes so well.

12. bobarue

bobarue

Aug 9, 2005
    Louisiana
    Really good job , Terri!

13. Beautiful shots, Terri. The close focusing sure comes in handy, doesn't it?

14. Gorgeous Terri, is that 2nd pic Harlee ? If so, boy has she gotten big & beautiful !!

15. The 35 f2 is good for that. It focuses close and the length allows you to be close. The lens was recommended to me as a good one for photographing babies and it has been excellent for that purpose.

16. Thanks, Daniel.

17. Thanks, Rob. It was fun to lay down on the grass with her.

18. Thanks so much. That means a lot coming from you... She is a pretty little baby.

19. Thanks, Trish. All is well. These grandkids sure are fun.

20. Well, a little extra post processing on the eyes doesn't hurt either.:biggrin:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.