The 35 f2 is still a great lens for babies

I have really enjoyed using my 35 f2 to photograph my grandbabies. If I am alone I can get a portrait of them and still be very close to them. It's a lens purchase I don't regret!!

My daughter had the flu today and I got to watch her two little girls.

p112794374.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Of course, if you want to get a photo of a sleeping child without waking them up, the 85 f1.4 is much better.

View attachment 400635

The first shot really pulls you in with those eyes. And is there anything more precious than a sleeping child?

I've been going back and forth about the 35 1.8 thinking maybe it is too wide for the photos I take, but I think the first shot proves that is not the case. Wonderful shot.

That first pic is tremendous. Very soulful expression in the eyes.

Thanks, Omar. I think she has beautiful eyes, too!!

The first shot really pulls you in with those eyes. And is there anything more precious than a sleeping child?

Thanks, Cindy. It's so much fun having a wonderful camera to capture the little things that happen on a daily basis. I'll never be a pro, but sure love using my gear for the family and friends.

I've been going back and forth about the 35 1.8 thinking maybe it is too wide for the photos I take, but I think the first shot proves that is not the case. Wonderful shot.

Thanks, Jan. I don't really like it for closeups of adults, but it has worked well for the kids. I allows you to stay fairly close and keep them more still and in the position that you want them. It works well for group shots of adults.

FiRst shot is picture perfect, Teri! Beautifully captured baby! Hope all is well in your corner of the world. : )

Terri, that first shot is just wonderful. I love the way you got right down there with her.

Hope you are feeling well.

The 35 f2 is good for that. It focuses close and the length allows you to be close. The lens was recommended to me as a good one for photographing babies and it has been excellent for that purpose.

Latest threads

Top Bottom