The 400vr, so Refreshing

Real Name
Randy
see any dif in these 2 ?

1. rezied to a 1024 using the MS Resize utility

603440563_6kExK-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Original posted as a 1024 (smugmug does the resize).
603524900_mUYgq-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it may be the compression, but it looks a bit strange to me. Not the best quality.

Otherwise its a great shot, well done :)

J

jeremyInMT

Well-done, my friend. The fact that his shin is so close to the marker in the water is a small part of the photo that really makes it for me. I almost hold my breath waiting to see if he'll touch it or not!

with due all respect Randy, this is a BAD example of what 400VR can do. Seriously, are you trying to flood this lens-lust area with your so-so 400/500 picture thread? common man. If i don't already have 400VR, i wouldn't go out and buy the 400VR because of this picture. You know you can do better than that man. :) We ALL KNOW that you have 400/500 lens. Now go out and capture some stunning/quality picture. I know you can do it. ;)

Real Name
Randy
I think it may be the compression, but it looks a bit strange to me. Not the best quality.

Otherwise its a great shot, well done :)

thanks Joey

i don't see it but it was resized w/ MS' resize utility so I could post the O version and keep the EXIF

I'm gonna upload the original and try posting that to see

[edit], it's your eyes, your monitor, or you are joshing me (like that bubble guy)

Real Name
Randy
with due all respect Randy, this is a BAD example of what 400VR can do. Seriously, are you trying to flood this lens-lust area with your so-so 400/500 picture thread? common man. If i don't already have 400VR, i wouldn't go out and buy the 400VR because of this picture. You know you can do better than that man. :) We ALL KNOW that you have 400/500 lens. Now go out and capture some stunning/quality picture. I know you can do it. ;)

i can't get you to buy a 400vr anyway so who cares if you like it:smile:

Real Name
Randy
Yikes, amazing shot. Best action photo ever.

thanks Charlie, i liked it alot to

Nice capture!

thanks

Well-done, my friend. The fact that his shin is so close to the marker in the water is a small part of the photo that really makes it for me. I almost hold my breath waiting to see if he'll touch it or not!

Hi Jeremy,
Thanks for the nice post !
These old guys:smile: were putting on quite a show. The oldest skiier was 81 that day

i can't get you to buy a 400vr anyway so who cares if you like it:smile:

:biggrin: sorry i can't give you "sugar-coated" comments. This kind of picture should be in Gallery Photo area. It is not "lusted" at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
Real Name
Randy
:biggrin: sorry i can't give you "sugar-coated" comment. This kind of picture should be in Gallery Photo area. It is not "lusted" at all.

i guess that depends on who you are, doesn't it ?
if i was to see this shot it would make me want a 400vr alot......who do you think buys 400vr-s ? Candid street shooters:smile:

and i will get by w/o your "sugar-coated" comment, i hope:biggrin:

Real Name
Randy

and i thought you were just kidding.....

if you think this is a so-so shot post something better, OK ?
or how about just post something, anything will do....
I looked at your last 20 threads, do you use your gear or just comment on others

Real Name
Randy
Randy,

I think it is a great image. I don't own the 400 VR...and maybe I should be avoiding the threads which feature photos from this lens (for budgetary reasons). :smile:

Glenn

thx glenn
i can only imagine the results you would get with the 400
your work with the 200 & 300 blows me away

Latest threads

Top Bottom