The 85 1.4 is magical

These are outstanding. A professional family photographer would have charged you hundreds (thousands if you use Sonyam ;) hahhahaa just kidding Sonya you are worth every penny). Actually I believe she used the 85 1.4 for that lovely shot of my family to the left. And now you have justification to get this lens yourself and take these shots everyday. I should definitely not have bought mine from a financial perspective, but I'm glad I did and will never get rid of it (I hope).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks all, i'm using it tons this weekend on my vacation in san diego, and it's just incredible.

Really beautiful portraits of your son I must say.

But it´s not just up to the lens, the photographer must know how to use the equipment and you seam to do so.
The 85/1,8 or even the Sigma 50-150 will perform just as well under Most conditions, and sometimes better as the 85/1,4 has got a few big flaws when compared to modern lenses. ( CA most noticeable )

I disagree! There are very few pieces of glass that can out perform Nikon glass. Remember Nikon has been making glass for over a 100 years. Once again... the Sigma 50-150& 85 1.8 can not out do the 85 1.4. Now the Canon 85 1.2...that's a different story.

Leo... awesome captures, the 85 1.4 is a great piece. You did an excelent job using it. Please post more.:smile:

M

Max

Thanks so much for the mention, Leo. That lens is quite a beauty and I think is only rivaled by the Canon 85 1.2. Is that a bad thing to say in this forum? :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Max :)

I'd love to give that canon a go! Free rental time? I need a 1ds Mark III and 85 1.2, make it happen! :smile:

M

Max

Hahaha, that's funny, because that's the exact combination of equipment I took out last night. You can come by the shop and I'll let you play around with it there :)

Hello... my name is Donamari and I'm an 85 1.4 addict.

Any questions?

there really should be a support group :) oh yea, it's here LOL!

Lovely captures!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom