1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The 85 1.4 is magical

Discussion in 'People' started by cleoent, Jul 18, 2008.

1. It most definitely IS magical. These shots are great!

2. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    These are outstanding. A professional family photographer would have charged you hundreds (thousands if you use Sonyam ;)  hahhahaa just kidding Sonya you are worth every penny). Actually I believe she used the 85 1.4 for that lovely shot of my family to the left. And now you have justification to get this lens yourself and take these shots everyday. I should definitely not have bought mine from a financial perspective, but I'm glad I did and will never get rid of it (I hope).

3. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Thanks all, i'm using it tons this weekend on my vacation in san diego, and it's just incredible.

4. Very nice!! I'm getting that lens ASAP!!

5. Great!! I just borrowed one to try out too, but haven't shot with it yet. I will soon.....

6. dstangier

dstangier

Jun 18, 2008
    Oregon
    Cute kid with great eyes.

7. I disagree! There are very few pieces of glass that can out perform Nikon glass. Remember Nikon has been making glass for over a 100 years. Once again... the Sigma 50-150& 85 1.8 can not out do the 85 1.4. Now the Canon 85 1.2...that's a different story.

Leo... awesome captures, the 85 1.4 is a great piece. You did an excelent job using it. Please post more.:smile:

8. Max

Max Guest

Thanks so much for the mention, Leo. That lens is quite a beauty and I think is only rivaled by the Canon 85 1.2. Is that a bad thing to say in this forum? :) 

9. cleoent

cleoent

Dec 21, 2007
    San Jose, Ca
    Thanks Max :) 

I'd love to give that canon a go! Free rental time? I need a 1ds Mark III and 85 1.2, make it happen! :smile:

10. Max

Max Guest

Hahaha, that's funny, because that's the exact combination of equipment I took out last night. You can come by the shop and I'll let you play around with it there :) 

11. fyreflie24

fyreflie24

Jun 24, 2005
    Charlotte NC
    Hello... my name is Donamari and I'm an 85 1.4 addict.

Any questions?

there really should be a support group :)  oh yea, it's here LOL!

Lovely captures!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.