The 85mm does Paris

Discussion in 'Wanderlust and Travel' started by Julien, Apr 27, 2007.

1. Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
  2. Lovely series of images Julien, definitely represents the flavor of Paris.
  3. Very nice, Julien. Your eye is excellent as always. Although 85mm is not the first focal length one thinks of for street photography, I've seen some great stuff like this shot with the 85's (1.8/1.4)

I was directed to this thread from your other one in lens lust. Funny (but all too familiar) story. Oh well, too late to worry about it-just enjoy your lens. :smile:
  4. Very creative and lovely images Julien.
    Very pleasing and relaxing to my eyes.
    I love these compositions.

Merci beaucoup.
  5. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

The 85mm did a great job of doing Paris.
  6. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice work
  7. biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Nice work Julien , 4,5, & 6 seem to strike me.
  8. Very nice. I especially like the B&W ones.
  9. Excellent series Julien, I like the wide-open ones a lot :smile:
  10. I especially like the B&W ones. Good work.
  11. All good mate!!!
  12. Nice series, Julien!

13. Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Thanks Frits. I felt pretty touristy that day. It must've been the 1st time that I actually walked up the Champs Elysées with my camera :biggrin:

You're much too kind Dave :redface:

Concerning the 85mm, maybe it's because I learned photography on my own so as far as "rules" go :rolleyes: lol

De rien Sam, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

Thanks Joshua, I can't wait to try this lens out tonight at a gig !

Thank you Gale :smile:

Thanks Biggs. I think I'll wander off over there more often now :wink:

Thank you Jeff.

Merci Panos. at first I was afraid that the shots wide open would be soft , but they seem OK. Apparently stopped down to f/8 it's really sharp ( though I'm far from really caring about all of that :tongue: )

Thank you Alex :wink:
  14. Julien

Jul 28, 2006
    Paris, France
    Thanks Bruv :wink:

Merci Harry :Happy:
  15. bozola

Feb 28, 2006
    Seattle WA
    Probably the thing I like most about the pictures is that it's Paris, but without all of the 'Paris' icons. Very cool
  16. Very nice series of shots, Julien.

I was in Paris with my family two weeks ago on break and your city and people played wonderful hosts as always. The weather was unreal the 4 days we were there (75F-80F).
  17. Beautiful, Julien! I wouldn't have thought of the 85mm being a good street photography lens but you've shown how wonderfully it can be used in this way! Excellent work!
  18. Bravo Julien! They speak nostalgia to me, particularly the B&W. Well done, and congrats on the new toy, ... err, tool! :smile:
  19. SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah

Those were fantastic. I love Paris and those shots are making me miss it more. You have a wonderful eye.
  20. Very nice.
    My 85, I think, is my favorite walkabout lens.

I love the short-tele length, unobtrusive size and fine control of DOF.

BTW, the last shot, the B&W of the quintessential Paris woman, knocks my socks off. Having been there is brings the feel back in a rush of memories. The shot above it, with the background pedestrians cloned out, would jump to #1.Well done. Very well.

I seem, most often, to like the shots with the ladies. Woman, not man, is evolution/creation's high point to date.:biggrin: