The 85mm does Paris

Well some might know that I was struck with intense lens lust while entering a shop. Here are a few test shots of this 85mm 1.8 while strolling around Paris on these beautiful days that we've been having for a few weeks. I have to say it's a focal length that I seem to like a lot :wink:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 92659

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 92661

View attachment 92662

View attachment 92663

Very nice, Julien. Your eye is excellent as always. Although 85mm is not the first focal length one thinks of for street photography, I've seen some great stuff like this shot with the 85's (1.8/1.4)

I was directed to this thread from your other one in lens lust. Funny (but all too familiar) story. Oh well, too late to worry about it-just enjoy your lens. :smile:

Very creative and lovely images Julien.
Very pleasing and relaxing to my eyes.
I love these compositions.

Merci beaucoup.

Lovely series of images Julien, definitely represents the flavor of Paris.
Thanks Frits. I felt pretty touristy that day. It must've been the 1st time that I actually walked up the Champs Elysées with my camera :biggrin:

Very nice, Julien. Your eye is excellent as always. Although 85mm is not the first focal length one thinks of for street photography, I've seen some great stuff like this shot with the 85's (1.8/1.4)

I was directed to this thread from your other one in lens lust. Funny (but all too familiar) story. Oh well, too late to worry about it-just enjoy your lens. :smile:
You're much too kind Dave :redface:

Concerning the 85mm, maybe it's because I learned photography on my own so as far as "rules" go :rolleyes: lol

Very creative and lovely images Julien.
Very pleasing and relaxing to my eyes.
I love these compositions.

Merci beaucoup.
De rien Sam, I'm glad you enjoyed them.

The 85mm did a great job of doing Paris.
Thanks Joshua, I can't wait to try this lens out tonight at a gig !

Very nice work
Thank you Gale :smile:

Nice work Julien , 4,5, & 6 seem to strike me.
Thanks Biggs. I think I'll wander off over there more often now :wink:

Very nice. I especially like the B&W ones.
Thank you Jeff.

Excellent series Julien, I like the wide-open ones a lot :smile:

Merci Panos. at first I was afraid that the shots wide open would be soft , but they seem OK. Apparently stopped down to f/8 it's really sharp ( though I'm far from really caring about all of that :tongue: )

I especially like the B&W ones. Good work.
Thank you Alex :wink:

Probably the thing I like most about the pictures is that it's Paris, but without all of the 'Paris' icons. Very cool

Very nice series of shots, Julien.

I was in Paris with my family two weeks ago on break and your city and people played wonderful hosts as always. The weather was unreal the 4 days we were there (75F-80F).

SRA

Julien,

Those were fantastic. I love Paris and those shots are making me miss it more. You have a wonderful eye.

Very nice.
My 85, I think, is my favorite walkabout lens.

I love the short-tele length, unobtrusive size and fine control of DOF.

BTW, the last shot, the B&W of the quintessential Paris woman, knocks my socks off. Having been there is brings the feel back in a rush of memories. The shot above it, with the background pedestrians cloned out, would jump to #1.Well done. Very well.

I seem, most often, to like the shots with the ladies. Woman, not man, is evolution/creation's high point to date.:biggrin:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom