The All-Inclusive Mirrorless Picture Thread - Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figure since everyone is so interested in mirrorless cameras, why not just have a picture thread dedicated to all mirrorless cameras in one place. To be honest, I'd like to see what other cameras are capable of as well. :smile: M43, NEX, Ricoh GXR, Fuji, Nikon 1, Samsung and all mirrorless pictures can go here!

List your camera make/model and lens. I'll start!

Olympus E-PL2 & 12 f/2:
LA_candid.png
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Olympus E-PL2 & 12 f/2:
View attachment 959026

Olympus E-PL2 & 45 1.8:
View attachment 959027

My first image from my newly Acquired Leica 50mm Summicron-M at F2 on a Nex 5N

p308724693-5.jpg

Just went outside and took a couple snapshots in the backyard

Leica 50mm at F2
p598020918-5.jpg

p845562889-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Jonathan that is some serious static cling in that last shot :)

It was the wind blowing my daughter's hair back, but I thought it looked pretty funny. :wink:

Nice first shots Andrew! That lens is pretty compact. I tried adapting my Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Ai'd, but on a mirrorless setup it's too bulky. That Leica looks to be a good size!

It was the wind blowing my daughter's hair back, but I thought it looked pretty funny. :wink:

Nice first shots Andrew! That lens is pretty compact. I tried adapting my Nikkor 50mm 1.4 Ai'd, but on a mirrorless setup it's too bulky. That Leica looks to be a good size!

I was surprised taking it out of the shipping box, I think it weighs about 7oz or so. On the already light Nex 5N it is nearly weightless hanging on my wrist. These M-Mount rangefinder lenses are the perfect size for M4/3 and Nex. Voigtlander makes some very affordable one's. I might grab a Voigtlander 35mm or lower next.

My favorite so far with my Sony NEX-5N. I used the 5N with a Nikon 28mm f/2.0 AiS lens for this shot. The B&W conversion was done with Silver Efex Pro 2.

i-FfM3ZvL-X2.jpg

Another NEX-5N shot, taken earlier today when we took our dog to check out a new doggie club. This little beauty (??) was huddling under a bench, looking totally uninterested in the doggie social activities all around. It was dark under there, but the 5N with a Nikon 50mm f/1.2 AiS lens did ok, I think.

i-5d9kD2L-XL.jpg

A few of my favorites over the last year or so...I no longer use a dslr

NEX5 + Nikon 28 2.8 AIS

4984168007_0d7883fed1_b.jpg

EPL1 and Olympus 4/3rds 70-300

5027516476_c264405ef7_b.jpg

EP2 and Olympus 4/3rds 70-300

4249293535_489afed670_b.jpg

EP2 and Lumix 20mm

4236346612_961fd45a0a_b.jpg

G3 and Lumix 20mm

5920023085_a056a7f58d_b.jpg

EPM1 and Lumix 14mm

6209395867_81af6f3a8c_b.jpg

6225330910_7cd9f00ff1_b.jpg

Chris I really enjoy the steam engine shot . very nice

Thanks.

You guys seem to be on fire regardless of what camera you use. Great images in here, keep them coming:cool:

Olympus E-P3 with Panasonic 14mm f2.5
6226077710_112c5ff7db_z.jpg

Lodges Coach by chris rs197, on Flickr

Olympus E-P3 with Olympus 28mm f2.8 OM
6225556037_21d3f9f462_z.jpg

Sony Shooter by chris rs197, on Flickr

Hi Lisa,

Killer shots! I've been really tempted to pick-up the E-PM1. I picked up a used E-PL2 recently and I love it. To be honest, I really like the Olympus output, it seems incredibly sharp especially when you reduce NR. How is the handling between the E-PM1 and E-PL2? What's your impression of the G3 between the three? I have a G3 now, but for some reason I keep gravitating to the E-PL2 despite the camera being slower. I just enjoy the output a lot more. I'm very tempted to trade up my G3 for another Olympus body. Like you, I also prefer jpeg shooting and it seems the Olympus bodies are more accurate in that regard.

Cool thread but all these images seemed heavily post processed. Is this a result of SOOC images that need touch ups? I'm interested in mirror less since the X100 is a terrible performer in the AF department but the images are outstanding SOOC.

Cool thread but all these images seemed heavily post processed. Is this a result of SOOC images that need touch ups? I'm interested in mirror less since the X100 is a terrible performer in the AF department but the images are outstanding SOOC.

I process the images because I like to not because they "need" something..you can use SOOC images as well, the Oly's are well regarded in the aspect especially their jpgs

Hi Lisa,

Killer shots! I've been really tempted to pick-up the E-PM1. I picked up a used E-PL2 recently and I love it. To be honest, I really like the Olympus output, it seems incredibly sharp especially when you reduce NR. How is the handling between the E-PM1 and E-PL2? What's your impression of the G3 between the three? I have a G3 now, but for some reason I keep gravitating to the E-PL2 despite the camera being slower. I just enjoy the output a lot more. I'm very tempted to trade up my G3 for another Olympus body. Like you, I also prefer jpeg shooting and it seems the Olympus bodies are more accurate in that regard.

Thanks Jonathan!

I had the EPL2 and it was my least favorite of all the ones I have owned, my copy was not all that sharp and the colors were very muted, even on vivid, which is very un Olympus like, my favorite of previous versions was the EP2. If I were going to trade up my G3 I would go with the EP3. I personally love my G3 the EVF is the best I have seen and my camera is very sharp and the colors are great..see the below photo so I will not be doing that. I am waiting for the "pro" version of the Oly whatever that might be.

The G3 and e-pm1 are a nice compliment to each other. One great EVF in a small dslr like package and then what I consider a really small jacket pocket camera the epm1. The IQ from both of these is great as is the AF speed and the reduced shutter lag from previous versions is REALLY nice. Once you get used to the EPM1 controls it is a fun, quick and easy camera to use, and great for street since it so small people pay no attention to you..and the pancakes lenses are all great. The shutter is a bit loud is my only nit. It is really hard to pick a standout winner with all the great choices right now..I think it comes down to handling and feel since most all of them have great IQ nowadays

5920019415_d6e68a351e_b.jpg

love this one!

i-mLzQjVZ-XL.jpg

Thanks Jonathan!

I had the EPL2 and it was my least favorite of all the ones I have owned, my copy was not all that sharp and the colors were very muted, even on vivid, which is very un Olympus like, my favorite of previous versions was the EP2. If I were going to trade up my G3 I would go with the EP3. I personally love my G3 the EVF is the best I have seen and my camera is very sharp and the colors are great..see the below photo so I will not be doing that. I am waiting for the "pro" version of the Oly whatever that might be.

The G3 and e-pm1 are a nice compliment to each other. One great EVF in a small dslr like package and then what I consider a really small jacket pocket camera the epm1. The IQ from both of these is great as is the AF speed and the reduced shutter lag from previous versions is REALLY nice. Once you get used to the EPM1 controls it is a fun, quick and easy camera to use, and great for street since it so small people pay no attention to you..and the pancakes lenses are all great. The shutter is a bit loud is my only nit. It is really hard to pick a standout winner with all the great choices right now..I think it comes down to handling and feel since most all of them have great IQ nowadays

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6146/5920019415_d6e68a351e_b.jpg

I'm surprised your E-PL2 wasn't working for you. The E-PL2 I picked up is amazingly crisp and renders fine detail better then my G3, despite the megapixel advantage. Though I'm using the 45 1.8 and 12 f/2, so that may be the reason I'm preferring the E-PL2! I would love to trade up the E-P3, but it's so darn spendy!

I'm surprised your E-PL2 wasn't working for you. The E-PL2 I picked up is amazingly crisp and renders fine detail better then my G3, despite the megapixel advantage. Though I'm using the 45 1.8 and 12 f/2, so that may be the reason I'm preferring the E-PL2! I would love to trade up the E-P3, but it's so darn spendy!

I think I just got a bad camera, my experience with all Oly's was the exact opposite of that one. Yeah I am waiting to see the EP3's prices go down or what is on the horizon instead..I am happy with what I have....at the moment LOL. I would like that 12mm and will be picking up the 45mm soon.

Jonathan:

You posted a thread on the mu-43 forum entitled "Telephoto Battle! Panasonic G3 100-300 f4-5.6 OIS vs Nikon D300S 300 f4 AFS". The images there are not visible to me. Could you repeat that post here?

Many thanks if you can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Top Bottom