The amazing power of good glass and a quality sensor

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Mitchell, May 18, 2017.

1. I was out out the beach on mother's day and couldn't resist taking a few snaps of my friends tiny pooch.

3. When I looked at the pup's eye, I was startled to see the clear reflection of our condo building with me in silhouette. Check this large crop.
    4. Here's a pic of the building for reference.

Amazing (to me) resolving power of the D800e and the Nikon 105mm at f1.4
    • Like Like x 5
  2. #1 is amazing, even on my phone
  3. You keep doing this Mitch. I DON'T SHOOT 105mm got it?? Apparently I don't because I can no longer drink wine and browse the district camera website without fear of doing something I'll be sorry for. Oh well, if I don't shoot it, I can always make it a birthday present for my son. Guess I'll call Eldar.
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. On my mini now and #1 is even better
    • Like Like x 1
  5. kilofoxtrott

kilofoxtrott European Ambassador Moderator

Dec 29, 2011
    Tettnang, Germany
    Dad.... ???

Kind regards
  6. 105 was always my favorite focal length. I have the Nikon 105/2.8 VR, a Zeiss 100/2 and my old favorite 105/2.5 AIS. I don't need another 105, so please stop posting such perfect pictures with the 105/1.4. You just make me want the 105/1.4.

Well done, hrrumph.
  7. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Hehe! Awesome!
  8. JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Findlay, OH
    Jake Ebersole
    The 105E is the most impressive piece of glass I've ever shot with. I was nervous about spending that much on one lens, but I have no regrets at all.
  9. Stop it guys, my wallet can't take the temptation! :D
    • Like Like x 1
  10. JakeEbersole

Mar 11, 2009
    Findlay, OH
    Jake Ebersole
    You know you wanna do it! :p
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Buncha' shameless enablers on this site. Shameless. Splendid photos, though.