The art of party photography...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jonathan F/2, Sep 26, 2005.

1. I've realized in order to understand the party environment, one must join with the party goers to truly shoot the venue to it's fullest. Man but it sure leaves you with a nasty hangover and a bunch of drunken girls kissing and hugging you all over! Anyways, here are some photos I took during a lazy Sunday night! Doesn't everyone party on Sunday? :biggrin:

Ahh, sisters!
    [​IMG]

Women love the camera!
    [​IMG]

On top of a limo! :tongue:
    [​IMG]

Women busting out of a limo!
    [​IMG]

Hot southern belle! She could dance too!
    [​IMG]

The girl in green is hot...
    [​IMG]

...but she took my drink darn it!
    [​IMG]

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    It's tough I know, but we're glad you're on the job Jonathan! :wink:

ps, cute chix, nice pix.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    She took your Shirley Temple eh...? :)

Like Chris says, its a tough job but you have to do it!!!

Thanks for sharing?

4. I think when I was young(er) I should have had a big lens instead of some of my other accoutrement's. Oh well I got through my youth unscathed by beauties hanging on me and stealing my orange juice. :eek: Nice colors on these well taken images. By the way, what was this, starlets night out??

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I'm convinced...I am voting for party photography as one of the ten most dangerous jobs. Jonathon, I'm curious, do you sell these images? To whom? At any rate...it looks like a blast! :wink:

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    You know what they say Patrick - it ain't no fun if the homeys can't have none.

7. This was more of a "network and get free drinks" type party if anything else. But for some reason, I keep finding myself charging pro bono for these pretty ladies. Good thing I don't shoot this stuff full-time, I'd be poor! :p

8. Cool pix dude... :eek:

I guess aloha has more meanings that we can compile, ha...? :biggrin:

Nice D2x, too!!! :wink:

9. I need to start partying with you, Jonathan! Beautiful woman and beautiful pictures! You're definitely the man! :biggrin: Nice work.

10. I don't party that much, it's just when I do, I live it up! :biggrin:

11. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    You're right Jonathon, that southeren bell and girl in green are both very hot! Tell me, what do you set you cam and flash to for these? They always turn out so good!

12. I usually drop the shutter down really low, anywhere from 2 second to 1/40th and set my flash to rear curtain. Works like a charm!

13. Oh yeah, I took these at the same party. These photos are also posted in the portrait section here in the cafe. I shot these using the 70-200 VR and D2H. I think I used A-priority at f/2.8 and 400-640 ISO, the scene was lit with event lights and pictures are all hand-held.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. digitalfrog

digitalfrog Guest

Great shots Jonathan !

I'm a party photographer too based in Europe (Amsterdam)

Let me know if you ever pass by and I'll show you around ;-)

Ralph

15. Nice shots Jonathan! On that last shot that girls drink to your right was a little close comfort next to your 70-200mm VR 70-200mm VR :Nurse:

Anthony

16. Hi Ralph, It's one of my life goals to party in Amsterdam! :)