The Artist, The Gent And The Lady On The Box...

North Yorkshire born and bred in Edinburgh!!!
#1 The Artist...

152291982-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

#2 The Gent...

152292085-L.jpg

#3 And The Lady On The Box...

152292150-L.jpg

I don't know much about street photography, but I really like the compositions of these. Very nicely done Graeme!

The conversions are also excellent.

How do you keep from getting busted while you manually focus etc....?

Real Name
Dave Talboys
Wonderful shots Graeme! I especially like The Gent, and the guy on the bike looks like he's paying more attention to The Lady on the Box rather the guy he's having a conversation with. As always your PP is outstanding!

I really have to tip my hat to folks like you and Dude, I am just way to worried about getting someone upset or saying something to me if I try to take street pictures. I got busted taking pictures at a local outdoor mall one time, and have been gun shy ever since.

Graeme, continuing goodness from your street photography. #1 Getting low really draws me into the picture. #2 The dark frame on the right really focuses my eye on the old gent. Gotta love that pencil moustache! #3 Just a wonderful composition. Makes me wonder what's going on here - a conversation but the eyes gaze on the seated female! But, the casualness of it all! Thanks for sharing these!

Very nice street work Graeme. I love the crabby face on the "Gent".

Thanks Fred.

The Gent is a classic.

Thanks Scott.

I don't know much about street photography, but I really like the compositions of these. Very nicely done Graeme!

The conversions are also excellent.

How do you keep from getting busted while you manually focus etc....?

Thanks Stu. I used the AF 80-200 on all of these. So not as close as you think, but close enough for them to notice me. :smile:

Wonderful shots Graeme! I especially like The Gent, and the guy on the bike looks like he's paying more attention to The Lady on the Box rather the guy he's having a conversation with. As always your PP is outstanding!

I really have to tip my hat to folks like you and Dude, I am just way to worried about getting someone upset or saying something to me if I try to take street pictures. I got busted taking pictures at a local outdoor mall one time, and have been gun shy ever since.

Thanks Dave. Some folks I ask, but most I don't. I've never had a problem yet, so maybe I've been lucky. If i do get asked why, I just ask if they would like a copy of the photo. To be honest, they all happen very quickly.........

Thanks Joshua! :wink:

Graeme, continuing goodness from your street photography. #1 Getting low really draws me into the picture. #2 The dark frame on the right really focuses my eye on the old gent. Gotta love that pencil moustache! #3 Just a wonderful composition. Makes me wonder what's going on here - a conversation but the eyes gaze on the seated female! But, the casualness of it all! Thanks for sharing these!

Thanks Ray. Got to admit, this is my favourite style of photography. I just like moving around constantly looking for something interesting to shoot. I find it a challenge and most importantly, fun! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

All three winners.

Thanks Biggs.

Your converstions are so film like.Great set,,

Thanks Eric, glad you liked them my friend. :cool:

An awesome trio. They'd make a great grouping to put in museum frames and hang on a living room wall!

How about some technical stuff, like lenses, and conversion technique?

M

matthew.paul

Graeme, these are all amazing captures and the post processing is excellent, as always.

Number 2 is just striking. Love the crisp tones and contrast.

Great work.

An awesome trio. They'd make a great grouping to put in museum frames and hang on a living room wall!

How about some technical stuff, like lenses, and conversion technique?

Thanks Frank.
D2h
Nikon AF 80-200 f2.8
All shot at f2.8 I believe.
Camera set to manual, WB cloudy +1, ISO 200

Levels/curves
Channel mixer to B/W, adjust to suit
Selective colour, adjusting blacks, neutrals and whites to suit
Then Daniel Diaz's B/W conversion technique (it's posted in the tutorials on The Cafe)
Re check levels and voila........... I'm no PP wizard so all basic stuff! :biggrin:

Graeme, these are all amazing captures and the post processing is excellent, as always.

Number 2 is just striking. Love the crisp tones and contrast.

Great work.

Thanks Matthew............ :cool:

G

Latest threads

Top Bottom