The Ashburton area, New Zealand. (10 images)

Today we took a drive around the flattest part of the country. Around the farmlands, down to the beach, and then back through
Ashburton towards the southern alps.

P1000763_DxO.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
P1000772_DxO.jpg
P1000774_DxO.jpg
P1000779_DxO.jpg
P1000780_DxO.jpg
P1000802_DxO.jpg
P1011006_DxO.jpg
P1011014_DxO.jpg
P1011022_DxO.jpg
P1011034_DxO.jpg

Real Name
Dan
My goodness it's definitely flat there. Interesting collection of photos.

We loved the scenery on the south island. We spent three weeks down there on our first trip over. But we found the climate very similar to summer in Alaska and when we travel are typically seeking somewhere a bit warmer. So on our return trip we stayed up north. We'd like to get back down there this fall if this covid mess is sorted by then.

My goodness it's definitely flat there. Interesting collection of photos.

We loved the scenery on the south island. We spent three weeks down there on our first trip over. But we found the climate very similar to summer in Alaska and when we travel are typically seeking somewhere a bit warmer. So on our return trip we stayed up north. We'd like to get back down there this fall if this covid mess is sorted by then.
I have a feeling the covid mess is going to go on for more than another year :(
The weather down here is crazy, yesterday had a high of 24 degrees C, today the high will be 15 degrees.
When I asked Alexa what the weather will be she said it will be a "dreary" day :)

Real Name
Ken St John
I have a feeling the covid mess is going to go on for more than another year :(
The weather down here is crazy, yesterday had a high of 24 degrees C, today the high will be 15 degrees.
When I asked Alexa what the weather will be she said it will be a "dreary" day :)
Interesting .. our home in Washington State is located at about the 47th parallel ... and the weather is dreary most of the time. Our weather is mightily influenced by the Pacific Ocean on our west coast, with a lot of air mass influence from the polar regions up north.

I just checked, and your at the 45th parallel, located in the southern part of the Pacific Ocean, and (I'm guessing) have weather influenced by the South Pole.

Sound familiar? :)

Ken

I just checked, and your at the 45th parallel, located in the southern part of the Pacific Ocean, and (I'm guessing) have weather influenced by the South Pole.

Sound familiar? :)

Ken
We apparently often get the "north easterlies" blowing through here. But when the southerlies bring up air from the South pole that's when things really cool down.

Real Name
Philip Armitage
Last week one of the office ladies asked if I knew about the effects of several days of north-westerlies on people :)
Apparently they make people grumpy.
yes indeed, The northwesters are lovely when they arrive in late August / September - seems to banish the cold winter. But in summer, yes they can make one irritable. Growing up in Chch and bike riding into the wind was awful, coasting downbreeze was fun. Wait till February, you might even get to 38 - 40 C - definitely ice cream time but you have to eat them fast

Latest threads

Top Bottom