the baby Z6 does Baby Bluebirds

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
The fine details are certainly there in these images! WOW!

However, I would expect the OOF areas to be smoother. Was exposure lifted in most of these images? Was NR applied? (Noise was my biggest issue with the D500, although I've seen plenty of images shot with the D500 that had creamy OOF areas!)

Real Name
Randy
The fine details are certainly there in these images! WOW!

However, I would expect the OOF areas to be smoother. Was exposure lifted in most of these images? Was NR applied? (Noise was my biggest issue with the D500, although I've seen plenty of images shot with the D500 that had creamy OOF areas!)
No NR applied and it should have been
And color efex aggravates it some

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
No NR applied and it should have been
And color efex aggravates it some
Aggressive use of CEP to manipulate colors and micro contrast does indeed affect image quality. That can be minimized somewhat by using the masking capabilities built into CEP and many other Topaz products. I never take the sliders very far, preferring to make subtle changes. Darken/lighten center is my favorite way to add a very soft vignette.

Real Name
Randy
Aggressive use of CEP to manipulate colors and micro contrast does indeed affect image quality. That can be minimized somewhat by using the masking capabilities built into CEP and many other Topaz products. I never take the sliders very far, preferring to make subtle changes. Darken/lighten center is my favorite way to add a very soft vignette.
I use the presets but if I had used Dx0 1st the BG would be smooth.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom