The Bachelor Button

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Oct 26, 2005.

1. There aren't many flowers left to shoot, but I found this blue bachelor button along the road last week and decided to make the focus of this montage. I made a background from the top of a pumpkin that I'd made into a smart object. Then I added some wildflowers I shot earlier this year and a gradient as the top layer. I hope you enjoy the plethora of color. It's been a dreary day here!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

ipumpkincollage.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    I guess you've got to make color when it's lacking in reality, huh Virginia? This makes for a very pretty and happy picture, except I keep hearing the Wicked Witch of the West ... "Poppies, poppies ..."

3. Very beautiful Virgina. I like the way all of the colors are rather subtle and then the Bachelors Button is nestled in amongst all of that and it just shines. Well done.

4. Thanks all for your looks. I'm really a sucker for primary colors. Gordon, by applying a gradient to the last layer I was able to tone down the colors. It gave this composition a subtle and more pleasing appearance.

Chris, poppies are good for you, but how about a cosmos for today!

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

D70 with Tamron 28-105mm f/2.8. With the rains now coming to the west, the greens are starting to zing!
    No retouch necessary.