The battle between CP5700 and D2X

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by Gilles, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Using the same settings in both camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The sceptics with be confuse, quote from Captain Bonhomme.

2. Look the same to my old eyes....exactly..!!....Nice one - I like it :)

3. Well you are certainly getting a lot more out of the CP5700 than I ever could! Was that automatic focus? Guess it had to be, as the manual focus on the 5700 is a joke. I missed an awful lot of shots with my 5700 because it wouldn't focus properly.

Congratulations, great job. I'll swap you another 5700 for the D2x :lol:

4. Err I am confused... :?

For a moment I thought the white specks on each are slightly different, but on closer inspection both images have the same URL and filename, and same size in bytes.

I don't think it is April at your end of the world is it :wink: ?

Regards,
    Jonathan

5. Jonathan you are right they were the same picture, i just change them. The one on the bottom is the D2X.

6. You'd better hide your CP5700, as I can see a few DLSR owners heading your way... ;-)

Regards,
    Jonathan

7. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    #2 does have a thinner DOF and less sharpened look, especially around the details in the middle. But the coolpix does a great job with close-ups. My old 950 does well with that too, but Pa says, focusing is a pain!

8. Chris i am still trying to find the right adjustment in the D2X to reach the quality of picture i can obtain with the CP5700. As for those old coolpix camera i have seen marvelous pictures coming out of those.

9. BTW - nice shot on #1.
    This shows that lust apart, good old and faithful gear serves the photographer's best intentions.
    I had a CP5700 for some time and sold it too fast. I missed the portability and the macro function. That's one reason why I bought a CP8800. I even miiss the CP4500 I had before - for candids.