1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The Battle of Huck's Defeat

Discussion in 'Miscellany' started by CliffB, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Historic Brattonsville, in McConnels, South Carolina, is the preserved farm of Wiiliam Brattoon, who served as a colonel in the malitia, in the US Revolutionary War, and fought in the Battle of Huck's Defeat, which occurred at this location. The name does not leave much doubt as to the outcome of the battle, does it? Every July, they present a two day recreation of the battle.

By the way, those of you who are movie fans might be interested in knowing that most of the movie, The Patriot, withMel Gibson, was shot here.

Here are a few shots taken yesterday.

2. Very nice. I like ones with the smoke from rifle shots.

You had a good location. The only reenactment I went to was held on a very hot, sunny day and there were no trees to provide shade.

3. ArtO

ArtO

Jun 14, 2008
    Florida
    Great series. The shots of the firing line are my favorites. The gun smoke makes it look like a real battle.

4. great series, cliff
    i bet it's great fun to watch

love #4 the most
    great "caught" action

5. Wow, funny Cliff! I was just asking my parents "what is Historic Brattonsville?" as we drove down that way to see a litter of puppies yesterday. Dad even mentioned the re-enactment, I thought it might be fun to drop in. :smile:

Your shots are wonderful, I really like the one where they're firing and you caught the flying sparks!!!

6. I have to agree about numbers four and five. Those two shots are fantastic.

7. Sanford504

Sanford504

Mar 27, 2008
    Yeadon, PA
    Really terrific series. Mel Gibson's Patriot is one of my all time favorite films.

8. Cool series Cliff.
    Like the country song says, "aint no such thing as too much fun".
    Fred

9. great series, the musket fire is very cool.

10. Cliff,
    Thanks for the series - looks like a fascinating event to attend.
    Wonderful timing on #4 - it couldn't be better!

Don

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.