The beach last night

Thought I would pop down and do the sunset thing and came away with these shots. All done with the D2X

I started out with this fairly basic shot, although I like the composition. 70-200VR 135mm 1/60s f/11 ISO 400.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Well, that was boring... then I noticed how the last light was shining on the rocks and thought that was cool. 17-55DX at 55mm 30s f/10 ISO 200 in manual exposure mode. I warmed this up more in photoshop using the photo filter orange at 41%.
View attachment 13142

Well, I still wanted to see a sunset, so I tried this next. Thsi is a double exposure, one for the foreground and one for the sky. 17-55DX at 55mm, 30s and 2s, f/10 ISO 200. I had to warm the foreground to match the sky as best as I could.
View attachment 13143

And here is the photo I had envisioned before I left the house...
17-55DX at 17mm 4s, f/10 ISO 200. This is my favourite of this series.
View attachment 13144

These are very nice, Rory. On the last one, I wish it was a tad lighter at the top as I'm struggling to make out the outline of the foliage. Like the idea, though.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Kevin Scott said:
These are very nice, Rory. On the last one, I wish it was a tad lighter at the top as I'm struggling to make out the outline of the foliage. Like the idea, though.
Well, that was the idea... BTW, if your monitor is calibrated you should just be able to see the difference.

hillrg said:
Kevin Scott said:
Well, that was the idea... BTW, if your monitor is calibrated you should just be able to see the difference.
Well, then you succeeded. :wink: Monitor is calibrated and I can see the difference...just saying it's a struggle, that's all.

Really nice Rory.

Love sunrises and sunsets. Everyday a different color. Every minute actually. Nicely captured.

Rory,

These images are really striking, they are more than fantastic. My favorites are nr 2 & 3. The way how the water turned into mist/fog is so nice, together with the light of the setting sun. They both set a great mood, good drama!

Great work, keep it up

Kind Regards

Johan

Beautiful treatments of great shots! Gotta love the west coast for stunning sunsets. You've capture these well, esp the last one. Love the fade...

Good pictures! Really enjoy viewing it. The last picture look too dark in my monitor.

Well done!

Thanks for sharing. Cheers!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom