The Beaches of OC: Stairway and Silo, please critique

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by helmet155, Aug 6, 2005.

1. I went to the beach today and took some photos of Victoria Castle (what's left) and a lot of pictures of the Crystal Cove Historic District in Laguna Beach and Newport Beach, respectively.

Crystal Cove is neat, the old beach homes are in the process of being restored - all the tenants of the homes were forced to move out and some had lived there for over 50 years. It is now a historic district and will be available for rent when the renovation is completed...

Victoria Castle isn't much of a castle anymore, it is basically this one silo and a wading pool. There's tons of info on the web about Victoria Castle...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

C&C Welcome please

Thanks for looking,

Brett

2. The stairway to no place. I like it. As for the castle I would like to see more of this old building.

3. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

that first one is great..

4. Thanks for the comments, the picture of the famous Victoria Castle / Victoria Tower isn't the best composition, I definitely had the wrong lens on but it's so famous i do want to take some better photos of it in the future...

Gordon that is the only thing left of the famous castle tower, I have looked for more info on it but there isn't much more available that I can find...

I do love the stairway though...

5. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Brett, the stairway is a great picture,the castle has potential do another shoot as you said it's very interesting