1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The "Beast" - Availability????

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by jac0224, Jul 17, 2008.

1. So has the Beast run away??? I have been thinking of selling mine lately due to limited use, but I don't want to let go if it is going the way of the 28 1.4 or 70-180. With the 24-70, I don't think there will be much run up price anymore for used 28-70's, but is the 24-70 that much better?

2. The 28-70 is still listed on the Nikon USA site, but it's been removed from the Nikon Imaging global site. I guess that means Nikon is no longer producing the 28-70, but Nikon USA still has some left in the pipeline.

But don't count on a runup in prices. There was no replacement for the 28/1.4 or the 70-180 macro, but the 24-70 is an upgrade to the 28-70 in range if nothing else.

3. timkoo

timkoo

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago
    what frank said :) 

I don't see it going up in price because the replacement for it is out.

I'd say sell it now and get some glass that you've been lusting for :) 

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.