The "Beast" has arrived!

Thanks to Scott Sherman I am now the proud owner of the 28-70 f/2.8 BEAST......and it is truly a MANLY lens! Wow it is massive. If I can scrape together some time I'll post some shots.

I have a ton of tulips from my Chicago trip.

Rich

Hi Rich, that is an absolute beautiful lens! Congratulations............. wanted to ask, how is the 300mm working out for you, been looking to see some pics posted ;-) . Take care, look forward to seeing some pictures!

Keith

Real Name
Chris
Yeah! Both of you, get busy and shoot! :) ;) :D

Sounds nice Rich, are you gonna start shooting weddings now, like Frank did once he got his 'wedding lens'?

I see you also have the 24-85 f/2.8. What advantage do you expect with the 28-70?

Congrat's Rich. That one is on my list, but not until next year. I'm tapped. :?

If your results are as good as UF's, you should be really happy. :)

Regards,

Frank

Updated 4:30 pm est.

Keith R. said:
Hi Rich, that is an absolute beautiful lens! Congratulations............. wanted to ask, how is the 300mm working out for you, been looking to see some pics posted ;-) . Take care, look forward to seeing some pictures!

Keith
It is wonderful Keith. I took several hundred a few weeks ago of a medieval battle reenactment. Althoug they weren't strictly handheld, I was perched on a ladder, but the shots are teriffic.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Rich

Chris101 said:
Yeah! Both of you, get busy and shoot! :) ;) :D

Sounds nice Rich, are you gonna start shooting weddings now, like Frank did once he got his 'wedding lens'?

I see you also have the 24-85 f/2.8. What advantage do you expect with the 28-70?
I'd be a liar if I tried now to give you an intelligent answer to your question. I tried it in ACE Photo and fell in love, er lust with it. I don't think being rational was one of the criteria for joining this web site...was it?

Rich :?

Rich Gibson said:
Thanks to Scott Sherman I am now the proud owner of the 28-70 f/2.8 BEAST......and it is truly a MANLY lens!
Hey, you, Todd, and I should start a club... Brothers of the Beast!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I have, Rich. Just wait until you see how fast and accurately it focuses. It's perfect for
events/PJ. And it gives that "special quality" to portraits... even snapshots like there.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 7865

Its a beast alright

I used to have one but sold it when I packaged it with a D1X I sold a while ago.

I regret selling it now (both D1X and 28-70 actually). The 28-70 would cover off a "blind spot" in my mm coverage for club shoots. I'm using a 17-35mm and 35mm prime these days.

That 28-70 is HEAVY METAL

La,la,la,la,la,la,la....I can't hear you.

Yeah, resistance is futile.

I really want the 28-70. A lot.
Uncle Frank's been taunting us with it and now you're going to accelerate my affliction.
Post for us!

It took me a long time to decide on getting the 28-70 or the 17-55. Ended up getting the 28-70. Best lens decision I have ever made. Truly remarkable piece of glass.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom