The beautiful Yorkshire Dales (dial-up warning -5 large pix)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Clivegriff, Aug 9, 2005.

1. I'm new to this landscape lark and very aware that my skills do scant justice to the magnificance of the subject.

I want to improve so critiques are welcome and don't worry - I won't melt or take offence.

The beautiful village of Burnsall sitting astride the River Wharfe...

original.

The power of the River Wharfe at Linton Falls...

View attachment 13483

Kilnsey Crag...

View attachment 13484

Aysgarth Falls (features in Kevin Costner's "Prince of Thieves"...

View attachment 13485

Just outside Pateley Bridge...

View attachment 13486

2. Having relatives that came from that part of your country I look with great interest at your images. I would say the #1 was my fovorite even though it seems to be lacking some in sharpness. I also like your last image with the rock walls and scenic countryside.

3. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    The landscape in your area is really something. I particularly like the shot of Kilnsey Crag and the last one. I think it's the stone fences which add a dimension I don't see locally that make them interesting to me.

4. Gordon:

Thanks for that. I agree about #1. I still have the original RAW file just as it left the camera and I think I'll re-visit it and try different sharpening procedures.

Don:

Thanks for looking and commenting. Drystone walls are a feature of the Yorkshire Dales. This link has some more details...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A287390