The Bench

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by p3200TMZ, Mar 23, 2007.

1. Early Saturday morning...

[​IMG]
    Nikkormat FTn w/ Nikkor 50mm f1.2 - Delta 3200 & LC29

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Hmmm, the bright orb seems symbolic. The bottle and cup seem ... lonely! Nice mood shot, implying people, or at least a person, without showing anyone.

3. JoeG

JoeG

Nov 2, 2006
    Tyrol, Austria
    I wonder who sat there and drunk the beer.

good composition.

4. Cool shot. What hits me everytime I see it is the incredible almost psychedelic distortion. The wall goes one way while the street goes another way and yet, the bench is straight...

5. Thanks, Chris. The scene caught me eye in spite of the hour of the morning. FYI, this is from the same roll Delta 3200, that I had the unusual fogging problem.

Thanks, there were a group of rather inebriated young people at this bench about an hour before. They seemed to be having a good time.

Thanks Ned, looking at the photo almost makes the viewer wonder if he/she was the one who spent the time with the bottle. I liked the photo for the effect.

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Yes, I think I can see that - there seems to be some white dots in the image in the bottom half. Have you tried any D32 since?

7. Chris,

The photo cleaned up pretty well, compared to what I started with. I have bought another roll of Delta 3200, and hope to take a walk in the dark this Friday night in the city.

After reading this thread, I may need to be more careful when I loading the film into the tank. Do not know if there are any other Sydneysiders on this forum, but the only store in Sydney that I know that keeps Delta 3200 in the fridge is Foto Riesel on Kent Street in the CBD. Do not know how much difference it makes, but I will be buying mine from there in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017