The benefits of camera insurance

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Luckynp, Nov 2, 2005.

1. For anyone who's wondering whether to take out camera insurance:

Last week I posted an account of how I dropped my D2X and 70-200 on a trip to Nice. In more than 10 years of playing with cameras it's the first time I've ever damaged anything.

I've just got off the phone with Nikon UK having discovered that a 3 ft drop onto tarmac has caused £550 (nearly $1000) worth of damage.

As I am insured, the only thing I'm worried about is how long it will take to repair.

2. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Mike,

We've got insurance on all our camera gear. As of yet, we haven't had to file any claims...but it's nice to know it's there if we do. One nice thing about having camera gear for instance...I take pictures of all my valuables (jewelry in particular) and file these with the insurance agent on our homeowner's policy. In the event that it should be lost or stolen, we have a better record of what we lost.

I heard about your unfortunate incident in Nice....happy to hear that it is covered under your insurance. Maybe it won't take too terribly long. Please keep us posted!

Cheers!