The best part of NikonCafe.........

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
.....at least for me, is having the opportunity to interact with such wonderful folks and great photographers! And even more special, I have met several of you in person!

We occasionally travel around the United States in our 5th wheel and when possible I try to meet up with other NikonCafe members. Let me know if you decide to visit the Smokey Mountains of Tennessee! And we are always open to photo trips within the USA and internatioanlly!

For the rest of you, I do hope in the future we can meet up for coffee or a photo shoot!

Although 2020 has been a terrible year in so many ways, I do believe things can improve in the future.

Yeah, Café folk are amazing. I've met just one in person, talked with a couple on the phone, gotten care packages from a few and received so much patient advice, feedback and inspiration that reflects the decades of experience that is represented here. We share the good and the bad, births and deaths, illnesses and survival, and always find time for a good laugh and many a virtual meal and glasses of cheer!

What a great family!

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, Café folk are amazing. I've met just one in person, talked with a couple on the phone, gotten care packages from a few and received so much patient advice, feedback and inspiration that reflects the decades of experience that is represented here. We share the good and the bad, births and deaths, illnesses and survival, and always find time for a good laugh and many a virtual meal and glasses of cheer!

What a great family!
Yes, most members are very welcoming and friendly. I've only met a very few who won't go shooting with someone.....thankfully they are few and far between! LOL!

When I returned to the Cafe after being away a few years, I was grateful but not the least bit surprised that it remained fundamentally unchanged. The only changes were for the better because of improved technology in the platform. Since returning, those technology changes have continued to improve my user experience. Lots to be thankful for here at the Cafe!

I've had the pleasure of meeting a number of Cafe members in person.

Karen and I and our spouses have met on two occasions.

I've also met Bob Coutant in Ohio, Sharkey in Scotland, David Hamilton (djh63) in Zurich, Kees de Bruin in Amsterdam, and IsamuM in Tokyo. Just missed Bohdan in Ontario and DavidD in Berlin.

They've all been very gracious and giving of their time, and I and my wife have enjoyed meeting all of them.

Love your thoughts, Karen. I've yet to meet a cafe member in person, except for my daughter who frequented here for a while. But I sure have enjoyed so many of you over the years.

I am several thousand miles away from most of you but yet I feel so close to you. I also have the pleasure of meeting some of you when I travelled to USA, or when someone visited Hong Kong.

In addition to what I shared in post #3, what I treasure and respect so much about the Café is that despite the diverse cultural, national, ethnic, religious, political, and other belief, experience, etc., etc., systems we all are part of—we are all not only tolerant but are so understanding about our differences—heck, we celebrate them. The essence of humanity!

Real Name
Andrew
I’ve had the pleasure of meeting a few here in person as well. I have a. Standing invite to meetup with anyone who hits the central Ohio area.

I’ve also had some conversations over the phone and in email with quite a few.

this is a well rounded , diverse, knowledgeable and understanding community.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Our Cafe members are my second family and I wish for the day when we can once again travel so that I can meet up with as many members as possible!

Our Cafe members are my second family and I wish for the day when we can once again travel so that I can meet up with as many members as possible!
My wife's nephew moved to St. Louis a year ago. They have a 4 year old so we have to visit and see their new house and the kid. Will let you know when things open in 2021.

I agree, this is one of the more comfortable places I visit on line. It has developed into a terrific community. I have met a few members in the past, none recently. This is also a place I feel comfortable putting up some images I am playing or experimenting with. I can get good actual feedback, which I find invaluable.
If the world ever gets back to normal, let me know when you come to florida. Sites, like circle B, are within minutes of me.
Thanks all!!
Gary

I, too, have had the pleasure of meeting other members of the Cafe -- especially in the years when we had Nikon Cafe gatherings in Alabama. It was so much fun getting to know each other and to go shooting together! I am fortunate to live in an area where there are other Cafe members in my immediate area (Northern Virginia) and also in Maryland and DC. A couple of years a bunch of us met up and shot together in the spring when the cherry blossoms bloom at the Tidal Basin in DC, and also members got together down in the Eastern shore of Maryland and in the lovely quaint area around Cape Charles, Virginia. Another year was memorable when we shot in Florida and met more great folks there and shot the beautiful birds. Great times, all!

The Cafe is indeed a very special place and a huge part of what makes it so is of course the members......

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom