The best thing to happen to LR&CS Serge Ramelli

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Hi All. I came across this Chap some time ago and found him to be very helpful in my work flow. He is a photographer from France and is currently touring the US. Take a look at one of his pod casts at the following link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoO9s3awIpQ&feature=em-subs_digest

If like like his stile he has fifty or so free pod casts on Utube. You can also subscribe to his channel for a more in depth tutorial.
Hope you find this helpful.
PLEASE COME BACK AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU ALL THINK OF SERGE'S TUTORIALS.:biggrin:

PS- He is offering a 40% discount for a couple of days only on his lightroom portrait presents.:eek:

Kindest regards.
Mike

I also discovered Serge on Youtube a few months ago. Since I'm mainly interested in landscape photography, I watched some of his Lightroom videos that address that kind of photography.

An interesting tip of his is zeroing out the highlight slider, then max'ing out the shadows slider to establish a starting for the rest of the post-processing. Yes, it flattens the image, but I find that it provides a good starting point. He then brings back the highlights and shadows mostly thru use of the Whites and Blacks sliders.

I've used this technique and like the results.

Kindest regards.
Mike[/QUOTE]

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I also discovered Serge on Youtube a few months ago. Since I'm mainly interested in landscape photography, I watched some of his Lightroom videos that address that kind of photography.

An interesting tip of his is zeroing out the highlight slider, then max'ing out the shadows slider to establish a starting for the rest of the post-processing. Yes, it flattens the image, but I find that it provides a good starting point. He then brings back the highlights and shadows mostly thru use of the Whites and Blacks sliders.

Kindest regards.
Mike
[/QUOTE]

Exactly I couldn't have said it better myself Bert. I use this method every time in LR on raw images.:wink:

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Here is a photo that I used Serge method on. It works fine for me and I find him so easy to listen to and interesting also.
Regards.
Mike.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Real Name
(Mike) Michael Skerritt.
Hi Tony.Thank you for your kind comments on my photograph.This shot was taken on the Kerry coastline on the way to Dingle.
Post processed in LR 4 and CS5 the Serge Ramelli method.
Cheers.
Mike

Kindest regards.
Mike
I just tried this technique and it's VERY interesting indeed. Thanks for sharing the link to the videos.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom