The "Big Melt" is underway (variety of lenses)

Early this afternoon, near where I live.
The sky is very gray, everything is still bare, but the snow and ice is melting away.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 24mm f/2.0
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Near a river. The first flights of geese and ducks are arriving back from wintering down South.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 105mm f/2.5
View attachment 87318

Later in the afternoon the sun actually showed up to provide just a little color.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 35mm f/1.4
View attachment 87319

wooohooo
Next week we will see pics of little green buds on those trees.
I know how glad you are spring is around the near corner
very nice images Frits

Yep, another one for two. When you can find a photo in all that brown and dead, you've got an eye. Keep 'em coming!

Hi Frits !
#2 is a pleasure to look at - the tonalities translate the moody haze just right. And we read the birds going from right to left as coming back.

Thanks all for your kind comments. I like the second a lot also, in fact it prints beautifully.
I like thinking outside the box at times. When you look at the 2nd shot, you will see that it is from about the same position as #3, the classic landscape image with the lens that goes with it.
Earlier, when it was still pretty hazy, I slapped on the 105mm to get some pastel effect - or at least try and see what it would look like.
Well, whaddaya know :smile: : hmmm, looks OK, nice lines throughout the image, rule of thirds is there... Then, by a stroke of dumb luck, the point of interest was provided by the flight of geese that came out of nowhere....CLICK, gotcha!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom