The "Big Melt" is underway (variety of lenses)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Frits, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Early this afternoon, near where I live.
    The sky is very gray, everything is still bare, but the snow and ice is melting away.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 24mm f/2.0
    original.

Near a river. The first flights of geese and ducks are arriving back from wintering down South.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 105mm f/2.5
    View attachment 87318

Later in the afternoon the sun actually showed up to provide just a little color.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 35mm f/1.4
    View attachment 87319

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    wooohooo
    Next week we will see pics of little green buds on those trees.
    I know how glad you are spring is around the near corner
    very nice images Frits

3. RForshey

RForshey Guest

Nice series Frits, number two is awesome!

4. So nice to see spring arriving in your neighbourhood too. That second photograph is wonderful!

5. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Yep, another one for two. When you can find a photo in all that brown and dead, you've got an eye. Keep 'em coming!

6. tojor

tojor

Jul 27, 2005
    Denmark
    Beautiful shots. I love the pastel look of the two last shots.

7. Number two is special...Great as always Frits..

8. Very nice Frits! Of course, this also means mud season is here!!! :tongue:

9. Hi Frits !
    #2 is a pleasure to look at - the tonalities translate the moody haze just right. And we read the birds going from right to left as coming back.

10. nice set Frits! I too am drawn to number 2

11. Thanks all for your kind comments. I like the second a lot also, in fact it prints beautifully.
    I like thinking outside the box at times. When you look at the 2nd shot, you will see that it is from about the same position as #3, the classic landscape image with the lens that goes with it.
    Earlier, when it was still pretty hazy, I slapped on the 105mm to get some pastel effect - or at least try and see what it would look like.
    Well, whaddaya know :smile: : hmmm, looks OK, nice lines throughout the image, rule of thirds is there... Then, by a stroke of dumb luck, the point of interest was provided by the flight of geese that came out of nowhere....CLICK, gotcha!

12. LMFS

LMFS Guest

#2 is awesome.

13. Beautiful, I like #2 the best.

14. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    I really captured a wonderful atmosphere ! Congrats Fritz.

Regards

RFC