1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

The bird whisperer

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Bohdan, Apr 9, 2018.

1. My wife Hanusia and her friends:
    Chickadee%20Nush%20fed%201069-X3.
    NIKON D850    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8    190mm    f/3.5    1/640s    ISO 125

Downey%20Nush%20Fed%201096-X2.
    NIKON D850    70.0-200.0 mm f/2.8    160mm    f/4.5    1/640s    ISO 450

2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Really nice shots!

3. Thanks Karen..the surprise was the woodpecker which tend to be on the more skittish side.

• Like Like x 1
  4. I guess, mind control, she has mind control:eek: ...........very cool, nice pics.

5. I do believe she does...after all she gets me to do things with no problem at all.

6. :D 

7. Wonderful photos, especially the second one.

8. Thanks Mike..I was happy to see the woodpecker get friendly

9. Very cool Bob - I've done the same with the Chickadees, but never with a woodpecker.

10. Wow, your wife has talent and has allowed you to coast in on her coat tails. Nice detail and #2 is especially good.

11. Is that a Downy? Very cool.

12. The woodpecker was a pleasant surprise.
    Thanks Gordon The woodpecker was a real treat. My wife was thrilled to have him so gently land in her hand and trust her enough to feed.
    I do believe so. Downy has a shorter beak than a Woody.

13. It’s remarkable that the woodpecker would do that...nice capture!

Glenn

14. It certainly made our day to have him approach us so readily.

15. Doesn't Mind Control require one to control????? (Oh, Dewey, you are on a nasty roll tonight, be nice for crying out loud!) ;) 
    Sorry, somebody else obviously grabbed my hands, and controlled my mind ...

First serious thing, your Hat is way cooler than her Glove.

Second serious thing, way cool, on all fronts.

16. On a roll Bill for sure

17. Bob - Those are absolutely crazy shots. Your wife is definitely a bird whisperer! We've attracted the downy woodpeckers and chickadees to our backyard feeders for years but have always found that they are very skittish. Thanks for posting those shots. My wife and I really enjoyed seeing them.

18. You're quite welcome John. I'm glad that you and your wife enjoyed them. We've found that the nuthatches typically lead the way, they tend to be the most assertive and trusting, then the chickadees and occasionally the woodpeckers.

19. drr1531

drr1531

Jan 2, 2009
    Alaska
    Cool! The chickadees are fearless when there's food involved.

20. Chickadees have no fear..and make friends fast

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.