The Blue Mannequin

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by beaucamera, Oct 15, 2005.

1. I found this shop window in downtown Palo Alto late this afternoon and noted the wonderful reflections. Since I was stopped for a light, I picked up my 70-200 VR (135 mm, ISO 400, f/8, 1/30 sec.) and took this shot. I modified the background in the lab color space and then added mannequins as smart objects. I hope you enjoy the result.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

ibluemanequin695.

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Heh. Yeah! I just love your stuff Virginia. I want to see it printed large in a gallery with very tall dark walls, lit from tiny spots hidden in the exposed, but painted black utilities in the ceiling. Oh, and they're playing some new-agey muzac I've never heard, and handing out free Sophia in a can.

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Good job Virginia,

4. Chris, wouldn't this be fun! Right now my stuff is being displayed at a friend's garage sale and in the "watermelon space" at Webb Ranch, a farm produce stand near Stanford, along with the pumpkins and squash blossoms. The only music you hear is the giggle of kids in their pumpkin patch. At least people get to see my work and it is getting exposure it wouldn't otherwise get. BTW, Webb Ranch Farm is a colorful family enterprise, a rare phenomenon here in the heart of Silicon Valley. Here's a link to their website. http://www.webbranchfarm.com

I'm glad my "Blue Mannequin" turned you on! :smile: :smile: :smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

P.S. Hey, Gale, I'm glad you liked this one too!

5. Ken-L

Ken-L Guest

That is a vey unique photo! Very attractive...you did well!

The effect is stunning and I cant imagine that someone in Silcon Valley won't snatch it up for a wall somewhere!

Keep up the great work......

6. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Too true. Cold, hard and woudn't give me the time of day. Just my type. :frown:

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Very unusual and wonderful result. You are very talented with the post processing.