The Body

Discussion in 'People' started by greyflash, Aug 3, 2005.

1. Ed is my son-in-law and a football coach at the University of San Diego. I caught him in a pensive moment and liked the way the light reflected from the book he is reading back into his face. What do you all think??

2. I like the shot, but I don't like that I have to be taught in such a way that reflectors may be had for much less money :lol:
    Cheers
    Harry

3. Thanks Harry. Sometimes natural reflectors work as good as ones you purchase.

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Nice capture, Gordon. I like how you really captured him in his element (aside from the gym or on the practice field). He's holding a book that he's really into and you didn't intrude into his space to capture the moment. Oftentimes I see a shot and I think it might have been better had the person back off just a touch, out of the person's "personal-space". You've got it just right here. Nicely done.

5. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wonderful shot Gordon

The light is right :>))))))

6. Beautiful lighting there, Gordon...that's an area where I really struggle. Echoing what Leigh said, I like that you captured him so naturally, without him seeming to know it. Usually if anyone even suspects you're pointing a camera their way, you get shot that looks somewhat posed. This one looks totally natural, with him absorbed in what he's reading. I like it!

7. Thanks Leigh, Gale and Sommer. He was totaly unaware that he just had his picture taken. I don't think he know it yet so I have printed a 5x7 to send him.

8. Very good picture, Gordon. Shows his concentration. Really like the light bounced back from the book. I always prefer natural light over fillflash if possible.

9. Thanks Sandi and me too on the natural light whenever possible.

10. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nice shot Gordon,

his face is really well lit from the reflections. Hey, betcha didn't know there was actually a Playboy lying on top of that book, did ya? :wink: j/k

11. Re: Nice shot Grodon

Funny Steve, funny!! :lol: :lol:

12. JCPhoto

JCPhoto Guest

Very nice shot Gordon. It's nice to see an example of natural light enhanced with reflected. It sure beats flash. Keep up the good work

13. Great shot! I commend you for "seeing the light".

14. Nice shot, I think he could use somthing to drink he looks hot

15. Thanks Jim, Thos, and Greg. The light was what attracted me to this image. I appreciate you comments.