The Breaking

:smile:
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
CF18 Hornet taken with a Nikon D100 and 80-400VR. The cone shaped cloud is a natural pheonemon that happens when the particles of the super-sonic jet create friction with the moist air (or something like that). I used a Hoya circular polarizer to help with bright blue sky.
The pilot knew just how much thrust to give without breaking car windows or blowing out our ears!

Tell me what you think!

Last edited by a moderator:
It is a wonderful shot of a Hornet...way cool!!! But it's not a CF-18 because that would be the canadian variant of that fighter. This one has US Navy markings. Also, the "rectangular" air intakes are indicative of the later variants used by the US (the earlier canadian variant has "oval" air intakes).

Man that is a perfect triangular dust spot on that sensor of yours hard to see that Jet Fighter, haha Just kidding bro. Great Shot my friend.

Commodorefirst

Admin/Moderator
Administrator
Wow,

I have seen one pressure wave that was that close, (Just last year), but never photographed it! yikes! great capture, all in a split second!

hear is wht I missed from last year, not my photo, because I had already taken the camera down because the plane was way past my position!

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wade

Nice shots, both of them. Looks like an F22 in the second shot.

If I remember correctly, the "cloud" is formed by the low pressure area just behind the shockwave from the sonic boom.

Really nice shot!

Reminds me of watching a Blue Angel doing a low altitude high speed pass over the water, he also had a good size wake on the water going too. Wish I had a camera for that one.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom